What's new

Small Connections are Good

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This evening I had to stay late at school for a college program. At the same time, we had a volleyball game going on. The lady at the concession stand--I taught her son a while back and helped him with a scholarship/college applications, etc.--had heard I collected old coins.

She presented me with the following:

1 1940 merc
6 Silver Quarters: 1935, 1941, 1942, 1950, 1958-D, 1964

I could not just accept them, and offered to pay her. She did not want anything, but in the end I paid her $13.00. $1 for the merc and $2 each for the quarters. It was all she would take (I had offered her $4 each for the quarters). I was very happy to get them--especially the quarters as I know they are difficult to find in the wild.

She obtained the silver from kids buying cokes, hotdogs, pop corn, etc.

A nice way to end the "school" day.


HSH,
Apush
 
Upvote 0
Wonderful story apush!!! :D

HH,

$ilver$urfer
 
Nice score on the quarters, you are right they are very hard to score! :thumbsup:
 
That's a great score, especially on the quarters ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Considering how you got them, that's an awesome score :thumbsup:
 
Apush,
Gotta love your honesty!
Very nice of you and you got some nice coins.
rileybopy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom