romeo-1 Gold Member Joined Jul 29, 2005 Messages 9,863 Reaction score 7,127 Golden Thread 3 Location Romeotopia 🥇 Banner finds 3 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 7, 2020 Thread Owner #1 I've found a few fossils but this is the first I've found in agate. From the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. Attachments IMG_20200307_140115_401.webp 43.1 KB · Views: 101 IMG_20200307_140115_400.webp 67 KB · Views: 97
I've found a few fossils but this is the first I've found in agate. From the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia.
Red-Coat Gold Member Joined Dec 23, 2019 Messages 7,922 Reaction score 25,144 Golden Thread 0 Location Surrey, UK Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 8, 2020 #2 It's the fossil cast of the partial shell of a brachiopod... a marine animal sometimes known as a 'lamp-shell', with the shell hinged for top/bottom opening rather than left/right like bivalve molluscs. Nice that its agatized. Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
It's the fossil cast of the partial shell of a brachiopod... a marine animal sometimes known as a 'lamp-shell', with the shell hinged for top/bottom opening rather than left/right like bivalve molluscs. Nice that its agatized.