What's new

Small gold, Big stones ... The Shark lives on!

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
705
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little fella jumped in on the 4th scoop. 18k. Careful now... Sharks don't find small gold, so don't tell anyone. :laughing7:

Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • lilone copy.gif
    lilone copy.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0
Beautiful ring.
 
Dada dada da chomp chomp.
 
Very Nice! WTG!
 
That's a beauty, Dew....tell me, please....what was that target sound like from the Shark?

thanks

Lorraine
 
Sweet Ring! Yep, too bad the Shark won't find small or deep gold for maybe what, three people out of a thousand? :laughing7:
 
Heck Dew, I wouldn't consider that small.....its got to weigh 3-4 grams. Very nice ring!
Cliff
 
That's a beauty, Dew....tell me, please....what was that target sound like from the Shark?

thanks

Lorraine

Lorraine I got a shark and found 2 gold rings last year with it. Depending on how deep the ring is, 12 inches you will hear a faint sound, shallow the sound is loud and prominent. This year my shark is my backup to my modified excal. Barry
 
Nice digs Ray, when we gonna meet up and hunt?
DC
 
Lorraine I got a shark and found 2 gold rings last year with it. Depending on how deep the ring is, 12 inches you will hear a faint sound, shallow the sound is loud and prominent. This year my shark is my backup to my modified excal. Barry

Thanks , Barry.

I've been thinking about a Sand Shark lately....just a tad worried about the weight...I think it is a bit heavier than the GT?

Lorraine
 
Thanks , Barry.

I've been thinking about a Sand Shark lately....just a tad worried about the weight...I think it is a bit heavier than the GT?

Lorraine
Been thinking the same thing... No finds=new detector!!!
 
Thanks , Barry.

I've been thinking about a Sand Shark lately....just a tad worried about the weight...I think it is a bit heavier than the GT?

Lorraine

HI Lorraine! The shark weighs in at 4.4lbs vs the Sov GT at 4.8lbs. I find mine to be pretty well balanced on the stock shaft, but have seen others using a plugger ... etc.
 
Sweet ring DewGuru . Lol nope the shark won't find the goods . Congrats :occasion14:
 
Dew I love my Shark, it is a simple machine that finds the good stuff! Awesome ring by the way!
 
A fine dig there Mr. Dew. As usual you did great.
 
Great find Dew, did you leave me any thing, HH
 
Thanks , Barry.

I've been thinking about a Sand Shark lately....just a tad worried about the weight...I think it is a bit heavier than the GT?

Lorraine

Lorraine: Before you jump on the PI bandwagon, try only hunting in all metal mode with your Sovereign for a few weeks
to see how you like digging in the rocks without discriminate. Record all finds and time spent hunting.

A few weeks later switch back to discriminate and repeat the same process. If there is a lot of trash where you hunt you should
do far better in discriminate as you will be able to cover more ground, with a lot less digging.

You should do better buying an 8 inch Tornado DD which is approx 1/2 the size of your ten inch coil, plus a used inline probe which can be used as an even smaller coil with less depth plus find targets in the hole. This will allow you to snake between rocks which are less than 10 inches apart.
 
Last edited:
Nice find!

That isn't small though... :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom