Small Lunch Score

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to dump $4500 at lunch and the teller said, "I have this box of halves and dollars I was saving for you, do you want it?"

Sure, it was $98 worth, figured it was worth a look.

$71 Halves = 2 x 1968
5 Ikes
21 Susan B's

Turns out it was only $97 but whatever, I got 2 keepers from it, nice little mojo to start April :-)

Also, does anyone know what to look for in the Susan B. Anthony's as far as common errors go etc?

HH and best of luck to everyone for April.

Bigheed

Upvote 0
Susie B - 1979 Wide Rim/Near Date minted in Philly. The majority that you will find will have a Narrow Rim/Far Date. Google for pics. Once you know what you are looking for it is obvious.

Thanks Diver Down, whats one of those worth in good condition, any idea?

I've sold Wide Rim/Near dates for amounts varying from $4 to $25 depending on condition. But I think from circ, they are valued more near the $4 than the $25.

Nice quick score! I've found about a roll of the near date SBAs. Sold two a few years ago in nice AU shape for $10-20 each. Did you find any??? It's only the 1979P BTW.

Nice quick score! I've found about a roll of the near date SBAs. Sold two a few years ago in nice AU shape for $10-20 each. Did you find any??? It's only the 1979P BTW.

Haven't put them under the microscope yet :-)

ya i was just being cynical....meaning i was only looking for Ag.....the rest i'll examine sometime this evening :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back