Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all i found this small silver coin tonight after work and i,m sorry about the pics.its not a 3 pence (english) or australian 3pence  know to me. .This coin date reads if i see clearly 181or,3,or 8 or6  3 but i so small and late .Or i mit be dreaming on.I don,t have any idea but it does have a hole so at one time it was warn as jewely.Any help would help.2 pics and one has a barber dime ,aussie 3 pence and english 3 pence to give an idea of size.

i have not clean it yet but theres some writing on the other side and no kings or queens head.

tinpan

Attachments

• strange3.jpg
    strange3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 270
  • strange coin.jpg
    strange coin.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 279

Fatboy

Dec 28, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
That looks starngely familiar, I think I have one like that as well cant really the pic, on the one I have here somewhere looks like two pc crimped together and says "copy" on the back side and I think the date says 123? AD Ilook for mine and post a pic if I find it

neat find though maybe its the real thing !

HH

FB

Upvote 0

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a British Farthing, but my searches aren't coming up with any being made of silver, only bronze/copper.

Got a pic of the reverse side of the coin?

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Is this it?
William VI groat 1836

The silver threepence piece used for currency was exactly the same as the Maundy threepence coin until 1927 when the reverse design was changed to oak leaves and acorns for George V and a Tudor rose for George VI, the latter continuing to be produced until 1945.

Attachments

• w4groatr.jpg
    w4groatr.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread