harmonica reed??

rebelfirefighter07

Jul 29, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
I've been reading posts here for a very long time but this is the first time I've really posted. I hunt with a bounty hunter pioneer 202 and am just getting started good. A buddy of mine found this in an area that was a settlement that was started in the 1820s. Its all woods now. He has found lots of horse and mule shoes, arrow heads, square nails, zink jar lids, ax and hammer heads, and tons of whatsits. We were both wondering if this might be a harmonica reed, it was about 10 inches down. The penny is just to compare.

Attachments

• reed.jpg
    reed.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 360
T

TreasureTales

Yep, a harmonica reed. Look closely on this piece and you can see the different lengths of the openings, which indicate different notes on the scale.

PS, welcome to TNet. Hope to see more of your finds (or your buddy's finds) on here.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find - I'd be searching that place again!

HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rebelfirefighter07

rebelfirefighter07

Jul 29, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Thanks for the help, I was pretty sure thats what it was but I wanted to make sure. Hopefully I can start putting more finds on here soon.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I am back up to .047%, but the fireman got it himself really. I just agreed with him but I'll take it! Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions