What's new

Small Statue

Silversmith45

Greenie
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wichita, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Tek 9000, Tek G2, Tek Delta, Garrett 2500, Tesoro Sidewinder, Fisher CZ-6, Fisher ID Edge ,Original Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in an old park about seven inches deep. It's about four inches tall and appears to be made of copper. I'm guessing that it's from the early 1900's. I've had guesses from dwarfs to Santa Claus. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • LPS1.webp
    LPS1.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 718
  • LPS1.webp
    LPS1.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 797
Various search terms ...

Brownie ~ Dwarf ~ Elf ~ Fairy ~ Gnome ~ Goblin ~ Gremlin ~ Hobgoblin ~ Imp ~ Leprechaun ~ Pixie ~ Puck ~ Sprite ~ Troll ... etc.

SBB <<< (not a search term!) Lol :nono:
 
Upvote 0
Have you ever wondered what the difference is (if any) between the following ... ?

~ * ~

DWARF: One of a class of beings in the form of a small, often misshapen and ugly, man, usually having magical powers.

ELF: One of a class of preternatural beings, especially from mountainous regions, with magical powers, given to capricious and often mischievous interference in human affairs, and usually imagined to be a diminutive being in human form.

GNOME: One of a species of legendary creatures, usually resembling small misshapen old men, said to live in the depths of the earth and guard buried treasure.

~ * ~

Now if we can just figure out if the little guy in question lived in the mountains, underground, or with Santa Claus, then we'll have this thing solved! Lol :hello:

( By the way, Leprechauns 'usually' wear flat-top hats and live in hollow trees ).

SBB
 
Upvote 0
LOL this was the 1st post I read tonight, and I needed the humor! :laughing7:SilverSmith, Welcome to the forum; you have been officially initiated. Does a magnet stick to it? It looks like it has some rust on it.

Breezie

PS: Don't forget Elves make cookies too!
 
Upvote 0
I'm searching but not finding much. The high-top shoes look elfish. And the base looks as if it could stand up like a toy soldier or game piece. :dontknow:

SBB

Is his hand outstretched? As if saying ...
 

Attachments

  • What Is It - Elf (2).webp
    What Is It - Elf (2).webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
tomjiggy said:
Kinda reminds me of Johnny Appleseed....
I agree - but depictions of Johnny, mostly include his hat or pot :headbang:

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
I think it could be a representation of, a Continental European, mythical figure, who's name doesn't immediately come to mind.
I haven't much time to search. Sunday night here - Sep the 11th.
Speaking of which - Americans especially, are in our thoughts and hearts on this day.
I witnessed the events of that day on TV all that day while at work, along with a couple of Americans amongst our team. One of my colleagues (at the time) took the flight to a 'same' destination, immediately before one of the tragic flights.

We have your Eagles Rugby Team over here for the Rugby World Cup.
They attended a service here today;
http://tinyurl.com/3rhllg2

PEACE TO ALL THE WORLD - not just at Christmas time.

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Here is an updater picture after cleaning with a wire brush. I
thought it was copper, but I now think that it is brass.
 

Attachments

  • Elf4.gif
    Elf4.gif
    65.4 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
its the cap's tail end - not hair :icon_thumleft: elfish or gnomeish looking to me --drawf's are normally a bit heavier looking

winterish looking --jack frost?
 
Upvote 0
He reminds me of the story of the run away ginger bread man.
 
Upvote 0
~ Cleveland Browns Football Team Mascot ~

"Brownie Elf"


[ 1946 Program ]
 

Attachments

  • Cleveland Browns 1946 Program 1946 with Brownie Mascot.webp
    Cleveland Browns 1946 Program 1946 with Brownie Mascot.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,637
Upvote 0
I think ivan salis' "Jack Frost" guess is the best one so far. I did a little research and discovered that Jack Frost was often depicted as "zipping/running" around at night sprinkling frost everywhere and making icicles. The figurine definitely appears to be running or "zipping."

SBB
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
462
Replies
4
Views
684

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom