What's new

Small Uniface Knife/Blade?

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this small knife/blade today (1.5). The back side is flat with a little work. Most of my farm finds have been woodland/hopewell-Southern Ohio. Would you call this rock uniface?
 

Attachments

  • 003 (1024x768).webp
    003 (1024x768).webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 008 (1024x768).webp
    008 (1024x768).webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
I don't know if I would call it uniface or not :dontknow:. It looks like the edge might be worked on the right side in the bottom photo. That is a nice little blade :hello: :headbang: :hello2:
 
nice blade!...looks almost like a teardrop type point I find from time to time but more unifaced,well id call that about 75% uniface on the back side as it has been worked a little.
 
That piece has great color, the flaking in the first photo is really great. Nice piece.
 
That is a nice find. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks for replying! I would guess it is woodland as it has spotty mineral deposits. The base is also worked at the bottom on the flat side. I find so many chips, flakes and cores that it get confusing sometimes. But the shape/flaking always reveals worked artifacts. Happy Posting!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom