Small Victory!

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank today and asked for a box of nickels, but all they could give me was 34$ in cwr due to the vault teller not in. Didn't think I would find much but had great results for such a small amt. Got a WAR NICKEL in the first roll!!! Also managed to get 2 canadians, a 1940 s and a 1941. Overall a great day. Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am. Have a good one and HH, Zach.

Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772174.366665.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772186.981379.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772203.749730.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772218.952025.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432772231.735806.jpg

I save the Canadians as well. I don't know why exactly but I do keep them.

I save Canadian coins because I refuse to put them back into circulation, as I don't want to short anyone else. Eventually we make a road trip to Toronto or elsewhere in Canada, and I use them for a little extra spending money. Same thing with Pesos and Euros, though the Euros tend to accumulate a LONG time before spending...

I only save the pre 82 Canadian nickels because they are 99.9% nickel. I throw the rest back. I live in Michigan so they are very common to find. Hh and have a good day. Zach

called Loomis a few months back and advised them of the average 10 Canada nickels per box and told them to add a magnet to catch the crap before they are re-rolled and sent to the next victim. nobody wants them, cashiers and banks will not take them, and please---- no replies of take a trip to Canada--- can't afford to!!!!!!. really sucks when dime and quarter rolls are padded with magnetic useless Canadians. pre- 97 cents are at least worth their weight in copper, have over 15 pounds of these. on the good side I did dig a 1953 80% silver Canada quarter this week, that was a 1st for me.

I also tend to find around 10 canadians a box. At this point in time the U.S dollar is .80$ to the Canadian dollar. I thought about keeping all the Canadian I find just because its worth more, but Its not a huge difference. Awesome metal detecting find, hope you many more finds. HH and have a good day, Zach.

Loomis and the other coin handlers are aware that nonUS coins are being rolled, and that is what the banks want!

If a bank takes in, lets say $100 in rolled coin from a person or business and credits their account, that bank doesn't want to take a hit because some of the coins aren't American. They simply pass on the coins to someone else.

It would be very easy for Loomis/Brinks/Garda to adjust their coin counters to exclude nonUS coins. They don't.

Last edited:
I also tend to find around 10 canadians a box. At this point in time the U.S dollar is .80$ to the Canadian dollar. I thought about keeping all the Canadian I find just because its worth more, but Its not a huge difference. Awesome metal detecting find, hope you many more finds. HH and have a good day, Zach.

:3coins: Nice finds on the nickels for such a small amount to go thru. Have to love those cwr. Bty fyi I just went on a currency conversion site & today (5/30) it was $1 US = $1.2455
Canadian.
HH
Gary

Loomis and the other coin handlers are aware that not US coins are being rolled, and that is what the banks want!

If a bank takes in lets say $100 in rolled coin from a person or business and credits their account, that bank doesn't want to take a hit because some of the coins aren't American. They simply pass on the coins to someone else.

It would be very easy for Loomis/Brinks/Garda to adjust their coin counters to exclude nonUS coins. They don't.
I don't mind finding them because I put them back into the roll. If I were to keep all Canadian I find I would probably have a full box by now lol. Thanks for the information and have a great day. Zach

:3coins: Nice finds on the nickels for such a small amount to go thru. Have to love those cwr. Bty fyi I just went on a currency conversion site & today (5/30) it was $1 US = $1.2455
Canadian.
HH
Gary

I couldn't believe I got silver in the first roll. I thought for sure I wouldn't find anything. I checked the currency conversion on google, must have changed in the past day. Thanks for the update. HH and have a great day. Zach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back