What's new

Smith River California

Oregon Viking

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
19,717
Reaction score
86,345
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few miles from the coast.
looking down river from the bridge.

bird box 006.webp

Looking upriver from the bridge.

bird box 005.webp

This is the only time I have taken a pic including smoke... from a smoke machine. The movie "Bird Box" starring Sandra bullock and John Malkovich is being filmed on the smith river in Hiouchi CA. I'm guessing they stayed away from the rapids that the Smith river is famous for.
 
Last edited:
Superb! Amazing! Outstanding!
 
Smith River area is gorgeous. I’m about 90 miles south of there so am up that way fairly frequently. There isn’t a single time I have driven through and not thought to myself this place is amazing.
 
Great pictures. Love that country. Especially down in the Redwoods. To bad it's in California.
 
We stop every time we go to Crescent City...it's beautiful!
 
I don't think the Smith River gets the credit it is due for it's beauty!

(not feeling the love for California here!)
 
Great pictures. Love that country. Especially down in the Redwoods. To bad it's in California.

Well we call that area... The State of Jefferson....... If only.....

state_of_jefferson_map_lg-782x1024.gif

More Smith river pics.

DSCN0469.webp


DSCN0475.webp


DSCN0978.webp


DSCN0981.webp


DSCN0983.webp
 
Last edited:
Spectacular photos! I'm really liking that bridge pic. I have an aunt and cousins who live in and around Medford. I should go visit them someday.

Why do they call it the State of Jefferson?
 
I live right up the road from there! I love it here I have so many great views!! Also many, many hunting spots..
 
Back in 86 & 87 me and my soon to be wife would head up to there from Sacramento on the weekends from time to time. Sometimes we'd swing over to Lassen also. I really enjoy that country up there, cuz I'm kindof Geo-Nut.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom