What's new

Snagged A Potentially Awesome Spot!

DigDigDig

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 19, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother and I got permission to scan an old abandoned farmstead. However the grass was so darn tall that we could hardly navigate. I found a little flat spot and had a really loud shallow coin sounding hit. I was expecting a clad quarter. But it was a 1825 large cent at 2". Neither my brother or I could believe it was that shallow. I'm pretty excited to go back. I offered to mow it for the farmer so it is a win win situation.


Sorry though. I don't have a good camera to take pictures with. Can't even tell what it is on my phone :(

:sadsmiley:
 
Sounds like an awesome site! Congrats!

Post the pic later when you can. I'd like to see a L C. I can't read the date on the one I have.
 
Congrats on that LC! You have a wonderful spot there!

Now for the tall grass. . . cut yourself a piece of 1/2" thick plywood about 3'x4' and loop a piece of rope at the top.
Lay it on the tall grass and swing your coil over the plywood.
This method snagged me a couple of silver dimes last month in a yard that hadn't been cut since spring.

Good luck! Oh, and welcome to TNet.
 
Congrats on the LC. My first LC was only about 3-4" down I was surprised on mine. You just never know how deep its gonna be!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom