What's new

Snap ID needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this detecting a site in N.C. Does anyone know what it may be? It seems to be just a snap. It has a crown on the face..And reads PARIS
 

Attachments

  • DSC00025.webp
    DSC00025.webp
    114.9 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC00026.webp
    DSC00026.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 279
Would an Englishman wear his monarchs crown with the word Paris so prominent - I must admit to having my doubts. It would be a bit like having the Great Seal on a button with the word China under it.

If you actually type in "Paris Crown" into Google this is what you get and I would say that its a pretty good match:
 

Attachments

  • sp84_01.webp
    sp84_01.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
Makes more sense, a Paris crown. I didnt know there was such a thing. :icon_scratch: I guess wherever they have Kings, they have crowns. Maybe just a clothing line. ParisCrown-1220940403t.webp
 
Upvote 0
Ahhhh, this is why we post such things, to learn! We didnt realize paris used the crown either. were still laughing about what Harry said! No offense Harry but we employed a gal from England we all use camp names here and hers was Queeenie. She would have said the same thing as Harry_Morant. Cheeers
 
Upvote 0
Let me explain. I merely stated that it looked like the British crown, and it does. ;D I also meant no offense in connecting the British crown with France. Its probably not a Paris crown either. Its more likely a generic crown. I did a search on fashion and military buttons/snaps with a crown and cant find it but here are 3 pages of examples.
http://www.waterburybutton.com/cart...p?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=0&page=1&idCategory=53



I think I know the answer but Ill ask, why does the British crown (pic 2) have the Fleur de Lis around the bottom?
fleur de lis.webp crown british.webpParisCrown-1220940403t.webpfleur de lis.webp
 

Attachments

  • crown british.webp
    crown british.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 135
  • button snap paris crown.webp
    button snap paris crown.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 128
  • ParisCrown-1220940403t.webp
    ParisCrown-1220940403t.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I think I know the answer but Ill ask, why does the British crown (pic 2) have the Fleur de Lis around the bottom?

An old claim of the British monarchs to the French throne dating back to Edward III
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
11
Views
746
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Who is it
Replies
5
Views
635

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom