Snorklin!

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Snorklin'!

I finally did what I've been talking about w/ a friend and went point snorkeling, and let me tell you it was cold!! Sixty degree air and water. Just about the point when I was shivering all over I found the bottom right point in the first pic. Not a minute later I found the other. Then I was looking off to my right and saw the tail of the big one sticking out of the sand. From where I was it looked like a regular size point but when i got up to it and pulled it out (w/o the tip) I was amazed. It took up the palm of my hand. That sent me into hypodermic overdrive. Next I found the green knife in the second pic. By then I was shivering uncontrollably and decided to head back. When I got home my friend JB who is recovering from the flu had just finished the mermaid using a magnifying glass, so in thought since he couldn't join I'd share his work with all of you. Keep your eyes down!! ;D

tomsneck

Attachments

• c7.jpg
    c7.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 399
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
Re: Snorklin'!

Looks like fun, better wait until the water warms up.

Fossis...............

man that sucks its broken, i just found my first big one, it is missing about 3 inches and my part is 3 inches. i wanted to cry.

trevmma said:
man that sucks its broken, i just found my first big one, it is missing about 3 inches and my part is 3 inches. i wanted to cry.

You know, I really don't mind that it's broken. I was just amazed that there are worked pieces here this big. Thanks for the look.

tomsneck

Thanks for the look Steven ,fossis and baddad. Here are some pics of my last snorkeling find. It's not whats called a bump knife around here, but has the same kind of serration.

tomsneck

Attachments

• c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 272
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 268

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back