snow melting, couldnt wait any longer!!!

• Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date
M

michigan michael

I started my day out scouting areas to hunt for when the ground thaws. I found some really good leads and came back home. The fever was to much! I decided I was going to poke around my yard with my detector. I unearthed two memorial cents. I really hacked my yard up so I knew it would be impossible to go anywhere else. I am extremely responsible with other peoples property. It hit 52 today and I wondered if the sand at the beach would be workable. It was! I thought my detector was messed up because I had the sensitivity and discrimination turned way down and my detector would not stop going off. I played with the setting and nothing changed. I figured what the heck I will dig here and see whats going on. I pulled up a piece of concrete that had steel mesh through it. Bummer. This must be for weed control. I covered the hole and moved to the other side to see if it was the same story at the other end. I Found a bunch of junk on the other side of the beach then left and found a 1965 Washington quarter laying next to the carts at Kroger outside. The best find of the day with out any work ;D I could of found nails all day and I would of been happy though. It sure was nice to get out today!

Attachments

• 2809coins.jpg
    2809coins.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 213
  • beach junk.jpg
    beach junk.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 198

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
I got out in my yard for a little while too, but the ground is frozen too hard. I have a couple of really good, deep signals, but I will have to wait until I can get at them without a chisel.
Dan

RoadKillDave

Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
I went out yesterday for a while. I have 3 dimes buried at 6", 9" and 12" by the driveway and tried out my NEW E-TRAC! I'm pretty sure I found the 6 & 9". Then I went over to the area where my sump-pump drains in the back yard during the winter. I had an 8' x 6' area that was thawed from the water running all winter and dug up some nails and tin foil. I was dang happy to be using the E-Trac. I worked on pinpointing and messed with the settings. It itched a bad scratch!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto on that. I also try today. Same as up there in Michigan the ground is still frozen. Will have to wait another week...Matt

oldschool

Jan 25, 2009
muskegon
Detector(s) used
whites DFX
I also fired up the DFX and hit the couple bare spots in the back yard,got 3 signals and that surprise me as I have pounded my yard.Well two were to frozen to dig, the 3 didnt sound to good but was 6.5" deep so I dug it and it was a 1935 wheetie.
Iam sure I been over this area,(many times) do you think the wet ground is what made the difference today?
Randy

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

I was so happy today! I went to a park where all the snow was gone! My shovel cut through the drenched soil like butter! It was beautiful! Found a 1/2 dozen memorial cents, a 99 quarter, and a whole bunch of pull tabs, beer caps and cans. Hopefully only gets better from here!

MM

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
Couldnt wait either ,hit the sled hill a block away. Found 2.91 in clad , mostly right on top due to wipeouts and a Swiss army knife. cant wait till it thaws out a little more.

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Took my new ACE 250 out in my wet yard. 1 penny and some junk. Beats sitting in the house playing PS3. Ground down 4 is still froze! Crap! Come on Spring!

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
I found some newer ones down about 6 or so. Strange, don't know if they fill in the curbs or the snow/debris covers em or what? Hey, saw ya this am out chopping ice! The dirt/snow path just south by the school looks good, was frozen Sun though! I'm stuck at work till 7pm so hit it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread