Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Have not posted much here in a long time, but I thought I would share this.

A few minutes ago (12:05 pm eastern to be exact)., I was at the Subway restaurant getting lunch and when the guy two places ahead of me in line paid, I could here the jingle of silver in his hand as he dug through his change. I mean I think everyone here can recognize the sound of silver, right? So I am thinking "please pay in silver please pay in silver" but nope, he just gave a few pennies with his cash. I could hear the silver as it went back in his pocket. I am guessing he had two or three silver coins amongst his change, quarters it sounded like. As he walked out i could hear the silver going bye bye.

Well I just thought I would share to let you know there is still silver out there in the wild, so to speak.

I just did not have the nerve to ask him "Can I buy your pocket change, mister?

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mich)

Upvote 0

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,
I just did not have the nerve to ask him "Can I buy your pocket change, mister?

Scott (Mich)

Hey Scott, You just have to go for it. The guy is never going to see you again. I once bought a dime from a Coin Star reject tray as the guy was still having his coins counted. I would have said, " my son collects coins and I think you got one in change he may need. Do you mind if I look at your change." To late now, but no harm in asking. I have also bought wheat cents from cash registars.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would have went for it, but as always, be polite and nice about it, like said above, chances are, you'd never see him again.
hh
buff

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the bank on Saturday and a lady walked in...
Clueless and said, I quote: "This is my Grandpa's collection from when he was a kid, how can I get cash for it."
I literally stood at the coin counter and hand picked the coins I wanted, I told her I would pay her silver spot for it and she said "just pay me what I would get for them in the machine." I also picked out of the reject tray and magnet.
I did pretty well if I say so myself... all it takes is the simple question...

“All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come out of it” - Matt Damon, We Bought A Zoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread