Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when they told it was hunted out. Went to the park again lastnight and got my very first Franklin half dollar. I almost wasn't going to dig because it was only 1 1/2 inches down and was thinking it was an Arizona Iced Tea bottle cap. Found a couple more wheat cents too, nothing special, and right next to the half dollar, was a silver charm with Mary on it. Pretty neat to dig back to back silver finds. Well, I went back tonight and found a ring. It was about 10 feet from the half dollar and charm. Funny that one of the people stopped last night that told me previously that he had hunted the park out, and I told him all the stuff that he missed. He stomped off muttering that he was going to come back tonight with his detector, but he did not show up. So far I would say I have put less then 2 hours into this park. Guess I should pull an all day hunt soon.

Anthony

Attachments

• Franklin Half.jpg
    Franklin Half.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mississippi Yankee said:
Great job on the Franklin.

I have actually found LESS of those than Walking Libertys.

Keep huntin' & diggin'

;)
Ive never found a walking liberty either. Or a Kennedy for that matter. But I have found Barbers before. I usually hunt pre-1900 sites.

Anthony

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats too cool ,your puttin them all to shame there.WTG!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, there must be more there! I just received 3 Ben Franklins today from a contest I won, nice coins! HH, Mike

R

rvbvetter

I think i'd tell the guy he's right about it being hunted out. And when he's gone keep on diggin the silver.
Like yankee says, i've dug 7 walking lib. halves to 6 franklins over the years. And none since i started detecting again approx. 6 months ago. Great find!!! HH

OP
OP
D

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
That coin came from the ground!!?? WOW, nice find WTG!!

Keep @ it and HH!!
Yep, it did. If you look real close, you can see at the top where I scratched it. I found it in an area that used to be a gravel road in the park, that is now grown over with grass. Did not know it was gravel underneath, and thought I was just going to be digging an Arizona Iced Tea bottlecap so I was not careful. Luckily, I already have a 1952 Franklin in my coin collection, so its now just a duplicate.

Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread