So Im going to buy a bazooka

I'm sure we can find a spot for you. I actually have access to another area dug by Islanders!!!!

Hi Goldwasher, that would be a great experience to follow in the footsteps of some of the old time Hawaiians and see some of what they lived and dig in the same areas they did! Really great the way you folks on here make a person feel welcome! I will PM when I get to CA and see if you have the time to get out on the river! Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422036913.521662.jpg

Just got mine this mornin! Can't wait to get out and use it!!

I understand, & no offence intended!
I just think it's interesting how some posts take on a life of their own:happysmiley:

Don't forget to take some pics of it in action.
Good luck, lots of gold!
P70

I'd walk from AK to Placerville for a Bazooka! Ha!

I'd walk from AK to Placerville for a Bazooka! Ha!
You wouldn't have to walk Bill from what I heard your recently a ships captain.....or at least a skipper:headbang:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422159897.053637.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422159910.469467.jpg

Took the bazooka out for the first time. Got a nice little picker and a few fines. It was pretty nice being able to run so much material by myself.

CA Gold Hunter.. Which model did you purchase? Looks big next to the couch! And nice gold! Where at in NC are you? Mantweeka(manteca) here

I got the 36" prospector and got the heavy weight with the larger grizzlies. It looks big but it's not to bad. It's a foot shorter than my A52 and the flair is a bit smaller so it's quite a bit more compact. It is a little heavier than the A52 though but it makes up for it with the fact you don't have to classify. I ran 15 3gallon buckets through it today, well yesterday now lol. It definitely still got the smaller stuff and I was really surprised to get that nice little picker. I'm a bit farther north up here in butte county.

Like everyone says you really can't feed it fast enough. I'm headin back out to that spot next weekend with 3 buddies and were gonna try to run as much material as possible through it. Hopin for some more pickers :D

I got the 36" prospector and got the heavy weight with the larger grizzlies. It looks big but it's not to bad. It's a foot shorter than my A52 and the flair is a bit smaller so it's quite a bit more compact. It is a little heavier than the A52 though but it makes up for it with the fact you don't have to classify. I ran 15 3gallon buckets through it today, well yesterday now lol. It definitely still got the smaller stuff and I was really surprised to get that nice little picker. I'm a bit farther north up here in butte county.

Like everyone says you really can't feed it fast enough. I'm headin back out to that spot next weekend with 3 buddies and were gonna try to run as much material as possible through it. Hopin for some more pickers :D

Great picker! I was wondering what model you got as well, thanks for sharing. Happy "Hello" from Nevada County.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422823246.392569.jpgwe ran at least a yard if material yesterday through the bazooka and got 4 more pickers and a few nice little flakes. Still gotta go through the 20 mesh concentrates to see if it caught any real fine gold.

you might want to type the word "GOLD" IN FRONT OF IT --OTHERWISE THE GUYS IN SUNGLASSES AND DARK SUITS MIGHT SHOW UP --LOL

Maybe I'll get a tax stamp for it, the greenies would probably consider it a destructive device so it probly needs the stamp lol.

There is a break in period for a Bazooka especially the prospector model and you are doing it correctly. Pickers, flakes and fine gold. Continue the good work!

Just got my 36" Sniper in today! Had nice weather today after snow yesterday and I think it just might be nice enough to go out to the creek and test it out :laughing7:

So I'm going to buy a bazooka

Of course it's nice enough! No such thing as bad weather only poorly dressed miners!

...well ok, I admit that I have my limits too, this is supposed to be fun!

Last edited:
Of course it's nice enough! No such thing as bad weather only poorly dressed miners!

...well ok, I admit that I have my limits too, this is supposed to be fun!

Went and purchased some of those 6.99 waterproof gloves from Harbor freight as well as some wool socks...I'm headed out today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back