What's new

So this is what happened.....

Kelso1989

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So I figured it would be a good day today to get some halves. I started out very slow, only 1 40% out of the first 10 banks. Then I go to a chase bank that I never have been. Went up to the teller and asked her if she had any halves. She said she had 1, and I sayed I would take it. So she pulls it out and looks at it then says, oh im sorry sir but I cant sell this. I noticed it was a franklin. So I then I asked for the manager to make a complaint because she said it in a snotty mood. So after talking to the manager for a while, and he was super nice, I got the franklin, 1952 S. Then he goes, I have a whole bunch of halves in the vault if your interested. I said sure, how much do you have. He said he has $350 worth. I took it all and told him thank you. Went to the truck and decided to just look at a couple rolls right there. first roll was solid 1965's, second roll is a mixture of 40% with 1 random 1974. So when I finally got back home, turns out this bank either knows about silver and the manager accidentaly sold its stash or somebody turned in their family's coin collection. Here is the tally for it

84 40% kennedy's
19 90% kennedy's
23 franklins, 3 1951, 1 1951 s, 2 1952 s, 7 1954 d, 4 1956, and 6 1963 d
21 walkers, 14 1934 s, 4 1937 d, 1 1938 d (which is worth at least $120) :hello2: and 3 1943's
and get this, not 1, but 2 barbers, a 1898 o and a 1913 :hello2:

I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out this new camera I got for christmas.
 
Upvote 0
mouth_drop.gif
 
DREAM SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:


And are those key date Barbers too? What condition are they in?? I'm sure it was just somebody's turned in collection. If they were the teller's, she would have bought them and took them home already...surely...

Enjoy this moment, it won't happen often!

:thumbsup:
 
Kelso,
Great score. That 1938-D Walker is a big time winner. Get it graded by someone who
knows how to grade coins. Again, you hit it big with this score. Congratulations!
rileyboy
 
:love10: That is one of the best stories I have ever heard on this forum - congrats on a once in a lifetime find!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Would be great if that teller could somehow find out about that score, after the way she was trying to hoard that one Franklin in the tray. It is very interesting to talk to tellers as there are some who you would think know a lot about silver, but do not know the first thing about them, and others who know a ton about them. In my experiences so far CRH, I have met a lot of great tellers and have had many great discussions with them about coins, and also Metal Detecting.
 
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DREAM SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome score! i would kill for a score like that! keep it up and hh!
 
Wow. Super finds! If the teller had not been "snooty," . . . Glad you spoke up. To tell a customer yes, then no, is an issue.

apush :read2:
 
I need some luck like that. Every bank I have been to in the past week has been out of halves completely. Looks like I need to expand my area a bit or start ordering boxes...
 
Now that's a nice score!
Robin
 
Great Score :notworthy:

That is the best part about this hobby, you just never know what your going to find and when. I was at a bank dumping and as I looked in the trash bucket I noticed 30 or 40 empty coin rolls wrappers. They were old and brittle, nickle, dime and quarter wrappers. All had been emptied and dumped into the machine. If I had been a little earlier I may have kept them out of the machine. I imagine they are off to the fed to be re rolled.

Once again GREAT SCORE!!!!!

Keep on searching Gordon and Tanner

P.S. This bank TCF does not sell coins from their machine.
 
Nice score - been a while since we have had a decent score on the forum. Look forward to the photos. Get a close up of the 38-d and 13. :headbang: Don't usually see things play out this way, but for the teller to pull the coin back in like that wasn't cool. Congrats!

Maine_Jim
 
Great score. Congrats!
 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! Awesome!!! WTG!!!!!
 
My wife would be calling the EMS crew to be transporting me to the local hospital if I had scored that. Good Job!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom