So...What did you find today with your Legend?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yesterday's afterwork hunt, returned to the 1926 permission. The Legend nabbed 1 Buffalo no date, 1 aluminum good luck token, 4 wheats, 1 Spanish coin modern, 1 stainless steel tie tac, 1 key, 1 shell casing, 1 duck, 1 crusty knife, $2.83 clad. I'd like to swing all the time but better not quit my day job
30-30?

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, my very first BOMB!!
Actually only a "drop bomb detonator" according to the bomb squad. I was just going along the base of the small cut south of Ft Pierce jetty and got a very strong, non ferrous I think, 42 on my legend. Had to dig down about 10-12 inches and hit some thing big and solid. Had to dig under it a bit and found a nice rounded object Thought I had found a cannonball. Yippee!! But when I tried to pry it up it it became a cylindrical shape. Then it stuck me that I had possibly found an artillery shell. Called 911. Old WWII explosives are found sometimes around Ft Pierce. It was original training site for Navy UDT training. Anyway, Bomb squad called in and they very carefully removed the detonator which they said was " unstable and dangerous"
yesterday's afterwork hunt scored 1 Boy Scout pin 1911, and Silver :) Looks to be one half of a hair clip. 23 silvers ytd. Not pictured 2 wheaties, 2 slugs, 1 Key and $1.95 clad. lovin' that Legend.

Attachments

• IMG_1349[1].JPG
    IMG_1349[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1350[1].JPG
    IMG_1350[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 24

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Attached the LG35 coil to the Legend and returned to small previously hammered area by my Simplex SP24, Detech Ultimate 13 coils and the Legend stock coil. The LG35 hit strong on 6 deep coins and a silver heart.

OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found squat. Or is that you don't find squat? Went to a beach in Vero Beach cause it was close and I wanted to do some testing with my Legend before hunting. That was interesting, but a little disappointing. Tied off to my wedding ring and buried it 12-13" in the sand and covered it. Mainly dry. So Beach mode, dry sand, sens. 30, basic C discrimination. Really iffy when it lit up at all. 20's-30's some times. I played with settings for quite awhile and came to the conclusion that I probably would have not dug it at all. Then I dropped a silver dollar in the same hole and made my ears ring. Loud and clear at 58. Both ring and coin were laying flat. Probably least exposed surface for the ring and most for the coin. Definitely good on silver.
Back to the finds- the most exciting (not) was an unexploded firework. Nothing to call the bomb squad on this time. One penny-period. Goes in my baby bottle collection. All modern coins I find go to Care Net of Vero. Most challenging was this tiny rivet. Kept falling through the scoop and ending up in different locations. Well, it was a beautiful day, I was on a beach in Florida, and doing something I enjoy. That's a successful hunt. 7-5-22 01.jpg 7-5-22 06.jpg 7-5-22 05.jpg 7-5-22 02.jpg 7-5-22 07.jpg

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we're talking. I'd much rather see what you find with your Legend than talk about comparing it and testing it against the others. Although I sure do appreciate the videos and demos featuring just the Legend.
BTW does finding an item that requires the bomb squad to dispose of rate one of the gold stars, or banners, or something like that.
He probably should get a medal from the mayor for being that alert and considerate and calling 911.
Just can't imagine some kids hitting that thing with a metal sand shovel.

OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He probably should get a medal from the mayor for being that alert and considerate and calling 911.
Just can't imagine some kids hitting that thing with a metal sand shovel.
Thanks Hunster54. Got my reward just in finding it. Didn't hurt that my family members all over the place saw the video interview. My 15 minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread