So what is the most coveted and collectible marble?

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
The Peltier "Golden Rebel" (just one of many) !!!!!!!!!!

There are so many to pick from it is impossible to pin it down. Marble collectors have their own favorites and many only collect certain types from different companies. Every manufacturer has the rare ones that folks are always looking for. You would have to become a student of marbles to know that what you find or purchase is good and has any decent value. If you want to purchase marbles or sell the ones you find, you really need to know your stuff.

HH

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sulphides. Very large clear marbles that have different figures inside, like letters or animals. Or large marbles with mica in them - bits of silvery material that makes them sparkle.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
each style and company has a top marble...rareity and eye appeal is the ticket...christensen....anything the make but cyclone and guniea is alweay worth several hundred.... peltier----golden rebel and blue galaxy....theres even a green galaxy in this group....vitro----parrot---eight fingers---confetti---marble king---watermelon--hercules [or bruiser]--green hornet---dragonfly---ruby bee----wv swirls---marbles with aventurine or oxblood---akro---ive seen several of their marbles bring good money but since the big backhoe dig their value seems to be waneing....popeyes hybrids always get big attention...jabo...some of the classic runs are doin well but the attention lately on the joker runs and madyia runs of recent vintage...some are bringin over $100 bucks on ebay...these contain oxblood and aventurine....some has gold lutz....vintage handmade...collect what you can afford these will always be bringin the bucks back...sulphides---the one with the german general in it[i cant remem,ber his name right now] is BIG money and i saw a hitler sulphide at a show once for 25.000 it obvious the vendor didnt want to sell...china...the old senic chinas can bring several thousand bucks....other styles and types can bring fun money and are easy to sell and trade...id rather sell 500 10$ marble than one thousand $ marble....
the most valuable thing in marble collecting...imho...is origional packing ive seen 100 count boxes of christensen sell for 25.000...an alley agate salesman sample box go for 20,000 and several more routinely sell for several grand....

Fred (S.Indiana)

Apr 8, 2007
Evansville
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
As far as individual marbles I believe that a "guinea" is a very rare and valuable marble, check e-bay to see what is going for high dollar...........fred

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Ooooohh oooh ooooh (said in sweat hog fashion) I know the answer to this one. :tongue3:

Ans; The most coveted and collectible marble is the one you don't yet have ! :thumbsup:

Right, right I got it right huh ? :tard:

wreckvalle

Nov 20, 2006

Attachments

• marblesmallforweb1.jpg
    marblesmallforweb1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,710
  • marblesmallforweb1.jpg
    marblesmallforweb1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 696

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread