Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a trip down to a huge local sports complex this morning just to do a little coinshooting for a change of pace. Found two clad quarters in the first hole. Shown on MD as being 4" but the popped out as I was pulling out the plug. Found 4 clad dimes one penny, make that two as I found one on top in the parking lot. And most amazing of all, I found a nickel! Due to my hearing loss, nickels and pull tabs sound just alike to me so when I find a nickel where I am expecting a tab, it is excitement! Just goofed off the better part of two hours and enjoyed the cool morning breeze and the solitude as I went out about 7:00 AM. Just before I left along came the ground crew with their blowers, mowers and trimmers and ruined the mood. I've never hunted with a partner and have often wondered how or even if I would like a partner. I hunt so immersed in my own little cocoon and deep thoughts and just enjoy the "me" time. Came home, fixed a little breakfast for me and the wife and all is well.

Upvote 0
sounds like a killer morning to me! nothing wrong with a little "me" time! i like to go out early morning as well. its so much more peacefull then.....very few youngsters to cause distractions!!l ;)

Glad to hear Jim. I have that problem too once in a while. But my trips I was telling you about tends to put me back into perspective. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back