What's new

Soft metal buckle? I’ll

Kingrich

Full Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
176
Reaction score
410
Golden Thread
0
Location
RI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy just found this detecting in the woods near old military bases. It appears to be about three inches long, he says it’s soft metal(maybe pewter) does anyone recognize this? Is it military? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553450029.961472.webp
 
Maybe the cover of a match safe (vesta), based on the possible striker area on the bottom?
Are you able to show a picture of the back?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
He hasn’t sent me a pic of the back yet, he says it’s smooth, no markings. I’ll post more pics as soon as I get them
 
Upvote 0
I agree a match safe.
Cool find
 
Upvote 0
Yup, the ribbed part on the base is where the matches were struck. :thumbsup:
The back portion would likely still be in the vicinity of where this was found.

It maybe either pewter, zinc or pot metal. :icon_scratch:
Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom