Software for picture coordinates using GPS?

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
I have some large, poster size, hi-definition, aerial pictures of an area I am interested in. My problem is is that I need to mark some gps coordinates on the pictures. Someone told me that they heard of a computer program that you scan the picture into, mark at least 2 areas with known gps coordinates, and that the program can then generate gps cordinates for any area on the picture that you mark with the software.

Does anyone know of any such program? Program name? Manufacturer? Distributor? Anything would be great.

Thanks

K

Kentucky Kache

You can probably find the software, but you can also find an exact location by using a map and compass.

OP
OP
PyrateJim

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Very true if I wasnt 1200 miles away from the area and areas are anywhere from the surf line to a water depth of 50fsw.

jbot said:
You can probably find the software, but you can also find an exact location by using a map and compass.

K

Kentucky Kache

Understood. It's just that some don't know about map/compass.

OP
OP
PyrateJim

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Very true. I have 50+ mag hits to superimpose on this photo to see how they pan out with land, beach, reef and areas beyond.

jbot said:
Understood. It's just that some don't know about map/compass.

S

Smee

Trailguage --- FREEWARE. Will gather data from your GPS and allow you to download the topographical maps and the aerial photos from Terraserver withing a 30 kilometer block.

Will even allow 3d views based on terraserver data kinda like Google Earth.

http://www.trailguage.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread