Nazi cache treasure in... Arizona???

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Yes, I did a double take on that when I read the story on www.losttreasure.com but I am so curious I have to ask...

Does anyone know of an account or anything about Nazis in WWII doing things in Arizona that could possibly be related to a hidden treasure.

Here is a copy of what I read:

$300,000 — Nazi World War II Treasure in the area near Chloride, Arizona, somewhere between Yuma and Lukeville in either Yuma or Ajo County.
Comment: It is difficult to believe the German War Machine would have had the unmitigated gall to stash their wealth here in the Arizona desert country, and with a war going on, too. The Nazi treasure is supposed to have been composed of millions worth of treasure they took in Europe during World War II. A similar war time cache is also known to have been unearthed near Lima, Peru.

Thank you for reading this and if you know of anything for sharing it.

Oh, and I already own enough swampland and also the Golden Gate bridge ::) so dont need any more of that stuff. The guy said it was made of solid gold... :o

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I once spoke with an FBI agent who spent world war two keeping a ranch under surveillance because the former owner died and willed it to Adolph Hitler. Hitler and none of his men showed up for a visit. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
Gold_Needle

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hello Siegfried,

Perhaps that is what the story is all based upon, someone heard that and figured there must be some treasure connected to it.

Thanks!

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Heres an account that lists a partial inventory of the Nazi treasure captured in the Merkers mine. Check out the link and read the whole story. The only reason I could see them hiding treasure in the US would be for operations planed here. They certanly had plenty of gold on hand.

"In order to examine the contents, some of the seals on the bags were broken, and a partial inventory was made. The inventory indicated that there were 8,198 bars of gold bullion; 55 boxes of crated gold bullion; hundreds of bags of gold items; over 1,300 bags of gold Reichsmarks, British gold pounds, and French gold francs; 711 bags of American twenty-dollar gold pieces; hundreds of bags of gold and silver coins; hundreds of bags of foreign currency; 9 bags of valuable coins; 2,380 bags and 1,300 boxes of Reichsmarks (2.76 billion Reichsmarks); 20 silver bars; 40 bags containing silver bars; 63 boxes and 55 bags of silver plate; 1 bag containing six platinum bars; and 110 bags from various countries.(22)"

http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/1999/spring/nazi-gold-merkers-mine-treasure.html

kenb

OP
OP
Gold_Needle

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi Kenb

That is a good theory. I would be curious to find out if that ranch that was watced is in the area mentioned by the story I read.

Thanks for the link.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
ranch was in the high plains of the dakotas if i remember right. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
Gold_Needle

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Dakotas.. hmm well that rules out Arizona.

I do recall reading something about Nazi agents in Mexico trying to stir up trouble and maybe they did slip into here with cash money and put it in a place near the Mexican border for later use.

Would be an interesting story to research and to do some travel to the area and poke around.

Thanks

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
During World War Two the US posted FBI and OSS agents in Mexico to watch the nazi agents. Mexico was officially neutral but actually pro-nazi until the end of the war and then became violently anti-Axis. (they jumped on the band wagon like the russians did by declaring war on japan after we had beaten them so they could claim reparations and seize those islands) At that point, with arrests imminent, the nazi leaders in Mexico had three options. The prefered option was more difficult and involved travelling overland south to central america; by sea to south america - argentina prefered. The third option was to sneak across the US border and try to blend in with the returning US veterans and released Axis POWs. For gold and currency the riskiest option was to leave it in Mexico subject to seizure; the second riskiest was to ship by boat or submarine subject to loss by capture or sinking. The safest option was to move it across the US border and hide it. Thus you can expect any remaining nazi caches in the US to lay fairly close to the border. You will not have access to the records of the burials unless you are part of the Oddesa Group of ex- nazi SS. Caches can be in the middle of nowhere but more likely beneath homes and buildings that were under the control of axis members or sympathizers. Good luck in your search and watch for boobytraps. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
Gold_Needle

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Ahhhhhhh... booby traps?? Hmmm,

Well I don't have any inside information. It all was a bit before my time. Also, no Odessa pals or ex SS pals glad to say.

I guess it will have to be done the hard way if I pursue this thing. But it would be interesting to find out what might be without a loud explosion upon opening.

Maybe the freedom of Info act could help get into old FBI and OSS files about surveillance and names and then see if there are mention of similar people in Arizona after the war.

Thanks again.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
could be. A lot of the basics have already appeared in print in books on the FBI. OSS books are very general and not many of those folks talked out of school. Mainly because if they did they were killed. They didn't trouble with things like trials and indictments. The few that have details are all details that the powers that be were willing to be released and approved before publication. If you find cans marked ZyklonB get the hell out. siegfried schlagrule

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Phostoxin is another more common name that was used.
Still used as a fumagant for pestcide companies where they tent the building.

Hint,... it smells like garlic.
NASTY STUFF

OD

OP
OP
Gold_Needle

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Garlic, interesting. Well, I think I may just leave this one alone and look into panning gold when it gets cooler in Northern California. It is too hot for me, in the 90's, around the gold country. Well, even the 100's for today.

We have had low rainfall the past year so it would be easier to get to places and dig up and pan the creeks. Yet, a good strong rain year would be nice to loosen up the gold from the higher elevations.

Yes, gold nuggets from the stream would be safer than Nazi treasure I think.

G.N.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
I have this nice can, covered in paper to resemble a garlic smelling sausage, complete with the smell. Any one interested in taking it off my hands LOL.
No though, seriously, many ex. Nazi were helprd by the Odessa movement with new papers, including ones that were in Europe. They mingled with the refugee´s, and started new lives abroad, some in Europe (France, Spain, Italy, the Benelux States), even England and Ireland. Others stayed in Germany, or Austria. Many however moved to North, Central, or Southern America, and you can be sure they didn´t go there as beggars. Also (It´s been proved), many large German companies supported them financially (Probably still do, for those still alive), either using slush funds, or paperhead positions in their foreign divisions.

Collymore

Nov 11, 2008
There is a band called "The Texas Naxis" :D Used to be called GG Allin and the Texas Nazis but GG died.

Actually the nazi masterplan was to start a new war in 1957 this time from Mexico into the US as they regarded the industrial capacity to of the US as the reason they lost the second world war. I read this in a book on conspiracy theories :D

BADWOLF

Oct 29, 2008
Mount Vernon, IL.
Never hear that story, but I did hear of a Nazi cache of several truck loads of gold artifacts the nazis melted down into the shape of auto parts then convoyed the shipment in several trucks to the Adirondack Mountains in New York. There were even witnesses that saw the convoy of rucks disappear down an old dirt road toward the mountains.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Gold_Needle said:
Yes, I did a double take on that when I read the story on www.losttreasure.com but I am so curious I have to ask...

Does anyone know of an account or anything about Nazis in WWII doing things in Arizona that could possibly be related to a hidden treasure.

Here is a copy of what I read:

$300,000 — Nazi World War II Treasure in the area near Chloride, Arizona, somewhere between Yuma and Lukeville in either Yuma or Ajo County.
Comment: It is difficult to believe the German War Machine would have had the unmitigated gall to stash their wealth here in the Arizona desert country, and with a war going on, too. The Nazi treasure is supposed to have been composed of millions worth of treasure they took in Europe during World War II. A similar war time cache is also known to have been unearthed near Lima, Peru.

Thank you for reading this and if you know of anything for sharing it.

Oh, and I already own enough swampland and also the Golden Gate bridge ::) so dont need any more of that stuff. The guy said it was made of solid gold... :o
BOY O BOY! that a lot of miles to cover from choride az to yuma az.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning :

A few additions, Mexico had a fighter squadron active from North Africa on, volunteers of course. As time went on more aircraft squadrons were added. they have an outstanding combat record. Mexico's constitution prohibits sending toops to a foreign fight.

She declared war after two of her ships were torpedoed, Potrero del LLano y "Sierra Azul.

It was commonly thought that she remained basically neutral because of the Oil, kapok, food, chemicals etc., that the US needed. It was hoped that by doing so, her shipping would be relatively safe. Land access was by dirt roads in general.

Yes, she was a center of espionage both in WW-1 & WW-2, and yes, a lot of physical gold, as well as tons of counterfeit currency, etc was involved. Not all Americans were patriotic at that time, even less today.

So under those circumstances , yes, it is quite possible that the agents in Mexico would look north or leave it in Mexico. Baja seems to have the most votes.

Don Jose de La Mancha

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Collymore said:
There is a band called "The Texas Naxis" :D Used to be called GG Allin and the Texas Nazis but GG died.

Actually the nazi masterplan was to start a new war in 1957 this time from Mexico into the US as they regarded the industrial capacity to of the US as the reason they lost the second world war. I read this in a book on conspiracy theories :D

Nope! Try GG Allin and the New York ScumF**ks. I beat GG with a mic stand in New Orleans about four months before he OD'd. :icon_king:

Best-Mike

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
Collymore said:

Nope! Try GG Allin and the New York ScumF**ks. I beat GG with a mic stand in New Orleans about four months before he OD'd. :icon_king:

Best-Mike
GG Allin and the Jabbers...classic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread