sold my Simplex and waiting to order my Vanquish 540

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did not like the Simplex for only two reasons. Could not get used to the tone system and the 99 TID range was too different than my Equinox 800. So I am going to order the 540 and when I find a V10 coil I am going to buy it for the 540. I am almost more excited about getting the Vanquish than I was for the 800. At least now I know there will be a zero length learning curve with the 540 compared to the long, long learning curve with the 800.

Chuck M

Greenie
Dec 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you end up purchasing the 540. If so were you able to find a 10" coil. How does the depth of the 540 compare to your Equinox.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Vanquish is a damn good machine.

I have field tested this little unit probably 40 hours out in the field over the past few months.

It's a little bad ass. I cant believe how well this thing performs. Very good depth digging silver in the 7 inch range in heavily hunted sites.

It's not an equinox by any means. But this thing finds stuff. That's all I care about at the end of my hunt.

Jer

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up buying the Simplex over the Vanquish when it was time for me to decide. But if I lived near the ocean I would have chosen the Vanquish in a heartbeat. I may still end up buying a Vanquish 340 just to have as a backup and to use if/when I ever go to the beach again.

Good luck. Being a NOX owner the Vanquish is an easy choice to make.

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Not directly related but;
Detected with an ETRAC for years and loved it, but;
Have gotten old and...well, OLD and wanted a change because;
1) Etrac is too heavy and as most know, toooo smart, i.e., somewhat complicated;
2) Vanquish IS much lighter, very much simpler...and its technology is for the most part, every bit as smart;
3) It recovers faster, loves to go to the beach, is not afraid of digging deep and more important, remains stable at depth;
4) At its MSRP price, is the very definition of "value".
I suspect ML engineers may have over reached and "performed above/beyond" their original scope(s).
IMHO...for the $...it is a extraordinary detector!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread