What's new

Soldiers at work

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
2,078
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two Barclay Manoil Cast Lead Toys yesterday, same place as the Fugio Cent. Only about a foot apart. From the '30's as far as I can tell.
The mortar crew is #791, the Anti-Aircraft gunner is #789.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • P5040769.webp
    P5040769.webp
    197.3 KB · Views: 164
  • P5040770.webp
    P5040770.webp
    203.7 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 24
Those are two of the sweetest toy soldiers I've ever seen. You should set them up on display guarding your fugio coin :)
 
very very cool. i luv umm:notworthy:
 
Super finds and great, correct (from Barclay's catalog) ID's. Their titles were, "Two man rocket team 791," and Soldier with AA gun, cast helmet, sitting 789." I hope there are more of the Air Command and Control troops out there for you to dig up! PS: Manoil was Barclay's rival in the toy soldier industry during the period 1935-1942, and their soldiers are just as collectable. Sub 8-)
 
Nice finds. They even still have the paint. I've only dug a few of those and out of those only about 2 are decent.
 
As toy soldiers go, those are top notch.
 
Nice digs. You can't buy toys like that anymore, toys these days don't last.
 
Excellent toy recovery!
 
Thanks guys. They were both about 5" down. Was surprised about the amount of paint on "skin" areas.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom