What's new

Solid Gold Loop

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,371
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this at an 1900's trash pit. Had it tested, and it's 14kt. The areas that were cut have been filed smooth, showing no attachments. My buddy suggested that it may be part of a loop for hanging Victorian jewelery. I think possibly a part connecting a watch to a chain. Weight is almost 5 grams. Looked real nice in the dirt when we were digging.
Carl
 

Attachments

  • Gold loop.webp
    Gold loop.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 397
Looks like an ear ring with the spring latch missing

WAIT! 5 grams???? :o

Nevermind :D
I guess it could have been the top to a fancy pocket watch...Yeah, that's it
 

Attachments

  • 010_pocket_watch.webp
    010_pocket_watch.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Looks like an ear ring with the spring latch missing

WAIT! 5 grams???? :o

Nevermind :D
I guess it could have been the top to a fancy pocket watch...Yeah, that's it



You da Man!
That's it exactly.
Now, how do I mark "solved"?
 
Upvote 0
Had it down as an earring too lol. Good ID 4H. Shame the rest of it wasn't still attached.I'd go back and dig a little deeper! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
The gold is nice, but that 1893 V nickel is REAL nice. Nice Finds! Great identification of the watch loop, too.
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Looks like an ear ring with the spring latch missing

WAIT! 5 grams???? :o

Nevermind :D
I guess it could have been the top to a fancy pocket watch...Yeah, that's it
No question! Nice ID Mike!
 
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
They will not trust you around tot-lots after you have it modified into a nose ring.

That is fine, but STAY OUTTA MY TURF!

Sincerely,

The old guy wearing socks and sandals you occasionally encounter while out detecting

I have never, ever, seen you wear socks.
Hippie.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Had it down as an earring too lol. Good ID 4H. Shame the rest of it wasn't still attached.I'd go back and dig a little deeper! :thumbsup:

Yeap. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
DAMN 4H!!! What took ya so long! It took you a minute and 15 seconds, if you can't do better then that maaaaaaaybe you're just not cut out for this job! AWEsome ID.....you da man!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom