What's new

✅ SOLVED SOLVED! 1801 Carolus llll silver 1/2 Reale Spanish Coin found in park

Orbitz

Full Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
142
Reaction score
299
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a very heavy rain last night so I thought I would try my
luck in the park, I found this old coin, thank god the date is showing
but not much more, Any idea as to what kind of coin this is?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 428235_10150660139816509_506756508_9255520_2080605403_n.webp
    428235_10150660139816509_506756508_9255520_2080605403_n.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 962
  • spanish coin.webp
    spanish coin.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,088
OK, the quarter is 24.3 mm. If your coin is about the same, it's a 2 reales (originally at 28mm). It can't be a 1R (at 20mm). BTW, the markings on this variety of a 1/2R, 1R AND 2R ("IIII" versus "IV") all have the same legend on the obverse : CARLOS IIII DEI GRATIA then the date.
 
Upvote 0
Orbitz said:
Mackaydon said:
Orbitz, the coin you posted is obviously not the same as the coin you referenced here:
http://www.trocadero.com/Ancient1/items/1066976/item1066976store.html
If you would, please place a ruler under your coin and show us that pic; thanks.
The pic above gives me no better idea of RELATIVE size of your coin; compared to what?
Don..

It's compared to the quarter right next to it, I need to invest in a tape measure.
from what I see of the markings they are identical.
I stand corrected, it isn't a 1/2 reale, it's a 1 reale
Thank you
 
Upvote 0
.........told ya! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Nice 2 reale Orbitz :icon_sunny: and good ID :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom