NHBandit
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2010
- Messages
- 3,599
- Reaction score
- 3,302
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Formerly NH now East Tennessee
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett GtaX1250
+++SOLVED+++ I know it's a button but how old ?
Found a pair of these while out scouting for new places to hunt today. Fat little round buttons that seem to be made of mostly hard black rubber with a metal backing that has "Treble Plated" cast into the metal (raised up, not stamped). Doing a search on Google and on here only comes up with that marking for military buttons which these are not. Please excuse the crappy pics. I'm still learning how to take closeups with my digital camera. Thanks
Found a pair of these while out scouting for new places to hunt today. Fat little round buttons that seem to be made of mostly hard black rubber with a metal backing that has "Treble Plated" cast into the metal (raised up, not stamped). Doing a search on Google and on here only comes up with that marking for military buttons which these are not. Please excuse the crappy pics. I'm still learning how to take closeups with my digital camera. Thanks


Just wanted to get a rough idea of the age of these so I could decide if I had a good spot to do further hunting. The only other thing I found that day in that area was a 1970 memorial cent but there are signs of logging activity in recent years. I also found the rotted remains of a mid 50s Ford truck cab upside down in the middle of the woods. Looks like people have been going into those woods for a long time. I was actually on my way somewhere else and the road sign I passed made me turn around and have a look. "Old stagecoach road" These are the subtle little things people drive past everyday and don't even notice but when I see something like that it gets my attention. Driving down the road I found a public hiking trail that's on town owned property so I had to investigate.






