What's new

Solved! Reed valve from Bulb Horn

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I found one of these a couple weeks back, just the valve itself.
Dug a more intact one the other day.
as shown, it threads into the necked down brass tube, which has a coarse threading inside the necked area for attachment to another piece.
Anyone seen these before?
Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 06-22 005.webp
    NH FINDS 06-22 005.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 183
  • NH FINDS 06-22 006.webp
    NH FINDS 06-22 006.webp
    47 KB · Views: 159
  • NH FINDS 07-11 018.webp
    NH FINDS 07-11 018.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 187
  • NH FINDS 07-11 019.webp
    NH FINDS 07-11 019.webp
    48 KB · Views: 186
  • NH FINDS 07-11 020.webp
    NH FINDS 07-11 020.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 178
Re: Reed valve. from musical instrument?

I think it is a reed from an old bicycle (bulb-type) horn
 
Upvote 0
Re: Reed valve. from musical instrument?

maybe one like this:
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 9.32.55 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 9.32.55 AM.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Re: Reed valve. from musical instrument?

I can see the similarities here.
I also recall seeing a cracked rubber bulb somewhere in my digs recently, though I can't recall exactly where....
I'll try a patent search for a diagram. Thanks ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Reed valve. from musical instrument?

Here is one similar
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 9.40.20 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 9.40.20 AM.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
Re: Reed valve. from musical instrument?

creskol said:
Here is one similar
Genius :wink:
Green Check and many thanks...
I was lost in my attempt at a patent search :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom