What's new

Solved: Some type of Whatzit

joshuaream

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,174
Reaction score
4,547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida & Hong Kong
Any thoughts as to what this is?

It says Chemical Attack Contact Maker Type M- XIII
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1611.webp
    IMG_1611.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1612.webp
    IMG_1612.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1613.webp
    IMG_1613.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1614.webp
    IMG_1614.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 199
Re: Some type of Whatzit

It is basically what it says it is. It is a Contact Maker to sound a Chemical Attack Alarm on a ship or submarine most likely. http://www.policeinterceptor.com/navysounds.htm Scroll down a ways and you will see the contact maker listings for all sorts of different sounds and alarms.

Btw, Nice clear pics. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Some type of Whatzit

I'm not sure if that's a record time for a solve, but I'm impressed. I never pictured and device to set off an alarm, I was wondering how this little thing could launch a chemical attack... (And google came up with contact lense makers, dating services, etc., when I added Submarine it just came up with these.)

Thanks a lot! :hello2:

72cheyenne said:
It is basically what it says it is. It is a Contact Maker to sound a Chemical Attack Alarm on a ship or submarine most likely. http://www.policeinterceptor.com/navysounds.htm Scroll down a ways and you will see the contact maker listings for all sorts of different sounds and alarms.

Btw, Nice clear pics. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
This type is set up to make sure the contacts do not cause a spark and blow up the place if an explosive gas exists.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom