What's new

Some creekside finds

2moshers

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
596
Reaction score
2,954
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detected today where I had fished yesterday along the exposed bank of the local and very low Rancocas Creek. Managed to find another old horseshoe, an old iron bracket, what I believe to be an old compact case (the last one I found contained a brand new 1920 Lincoln Cent-will try to get this one opened as well), a 1966 quarter and 1981 nickel, and some assorted iron pieces. Among them was an old iron encrusted pocketknife which fell apart when I tried to clean it. IMG_4188.webpIMG_4198.webpIMG_4199.webpIMG_4200.webpIMG_4201.webpIMG_4202.webpIMG_4203.webpIMG_4204.webp
 
Upvote 16
Should be some good farms up your way, I'm down in South Jersey, nice work, I love finding those compacts, never know when a cool coin might be in there?
 
Have detected several farms in the area treblehunter. My oldest coin to date (1770s KG111 1/2 penny) was found in a farm field. Also my largest musket ball probably shot from a 'Brown Bess'. Enjoy walking the fields.
 
Congrats, you're really rocking that Alpha 2M
 
Those compact cases are nice finds. I found one a few months back that had lots of little rattles in it when I shook it. Couldnt wait to get it home and open it in front of my wife who was video taping. Imagine my surprise when I pried it open to find about 20 shards of broken glass. Yep, I forgot that sometimes those cases also had little glass mirrors. So much for my coin dream.
 
Last old compact found a 1920 Lincoln Cent inside (and broken mirror) - this time unfortunately just makeup.IMG_4206.webpIMG_4205.webp
 
Last edited:
What did the pike ring up as? Was it easy to pinpoint?

Nice hunt actually!
 
The pickerel rang up about 18 inches and yes it was easy to pinpoint ScubaDetector. lol
 
Congrats, 2m. Dig the coins...and the pickerel (whom I assume you threw back--there's no eating those out of the Charles, that's for sure). ~Lisa & John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom