What's new

Some crusty wheaties an Indian and a something....

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
9,427
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at the park build today covering the freshly stirred dirt. Got 4 crusty wheats (1917, 1926, 1941, 1948) and a decent 1870 Indian cent which I was happy to see. Its my new oldest (find) coin, beating my previous oldest by 1 year lol. I also found some kind of copper clip or hook. It doesn't look broken but possibly bent. Anyone know what exactly it might be?

xIMG_1460.webp
xIMG_1463.webp
xIMG_1464.webp
xIMG_1467.webp
 
Upvote 12
I know it!
I know it!
Ooh,ooh, Mr Kotter, ooh ooh!!!
 
It's a picture hanger, an old one...that hung on crown molding....
 
I found one about a year or so ago....it was quickly ID'd as well....just paying it forward...
The 1870 cent is sweet....
 
Cool finds squirrel. Earlier in the year I found nearly the exact same piece of bent metal. I was going to straighten it until I thought it was supposed to be bent.

Now I know what it is, thanks BigWaveDave!
 
Congrats on your finds. Man that is the best looking Indian I have ever seen. Most all of mine have a green patina. Did you clean it?
 
Good hunt and Sweet Indian!!
 
Congrats on your finds. Man that is the best looking Indian I have ever seen. Most all of mine have a green patina. Did you clean it?

Rubbed it with baking soda and water. There was a stubborn spot on the back which I revisited and ended up taking off some of the patina :/
Probably should have tried soaking that spot instead....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom