What's new

Some decent points today

tonykidd

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
204
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Found some decent ones today. Only had an hour or so to hunt, and a little rain did the trick!

IMG_1205.webp

IMG_1203.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1204.webp
    IMG_1204.webp
    124.8 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Hey buddy - Was that large point that you and your Dad found an Adena? Know which one im talking about? Not the Etley.
 
Do they find many Dove's in FL?
 
Hey buddy - Was that large point that you and your Dad found an Adena? Know which one im talking about? Not the Etley.

I don't know what else it could be. It has every characteristic of an Adena!
 
Do they find many Dove's in FL?

I've found some, less than 10 all told. I'd probably ask Bow Only, he finds a lot more points than I do. These were in an old borrow pit for a train track right in the middle of town.
 
When will you tell us all more about the site yielding all the unexplainable/awesome finds?
 
When will you tell us all more about the site yielding all the unexplainable/awesome finds?

These were all found in a borrow pit that is about 100 years old next to a train trestle that is still operable (the sign on the bridge says 1919, so that's how I know). The soil has eroded off of most of the pit, so it's mainly exposed red clay. This was my 2nd foray into the pit; the first time I found a few pieces of flint and just loosened a lot of the clay on the banks with a shovel. After the rain I found these exposed, along with some broken tips and bases. First Dovetail I've found in Florida in 20 years, so I was pretty pumped.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom