Some Dinosaur tracks from the CT River Valley.

CousinLarry

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are all pulled from private land near Holyoke MA. They are from the Portland Formation in the Connecticut River Valley. The bigger ones are Eubrontes, the smaller are Grallator. Thought to be from Dilophosaurus or similar theropod.

z0WD8hx.jpg

1XDhMKM.jpg

EkTgJee.jpg

9Pj46bo.jpg

OP
OP
C

CousinLarry

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea how I missed it.. but this one has TWO tracks on it!!! Wow.... I was so awe-struck struck with the big print that my eyes never wandered. This is awesome.

I used a damp rag to highlight the indent since it's hard to get in pictures. This big Trac is about 11" from heel to toe tip. The smaller around 5-6"

swSIFs7.jpg

0Txkzb5.jpg

RtEmUgG.jpg

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tracks. I have hunted the area in past years and collected quite a few. Given those nice neat slabs it looks like those tracks are sold commercially.

OP
OP
C

CousinLarry

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what you get with a wet tile saw and a whole lot of practice! ;) I don't even know how many I broke before I got the technique down. I practiced on blank slabs too. It takes a bit of finesse!

These are cut as to be good to display. No one wants a rock that's jaggety on all sides.

OP
OP
C

CousinLarry

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that too. Not sure what it is but likely some plant matter. A branch or something. The conditions were perfect to preserve prints in the mud, but poor to preserve bone or anything like that..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions