Some finds from the "Hidden" Playground

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Some finds from the "Hidden" Playground

Hi all, I detected this little playground that has been there since the late 60's early 70's that is in a cul de sac of a subdivision , funny thing is that I have lived here 35 years and didn't know it existed! ??? (Grew up on the other side of town)
I spent about 3 1/2 hours there so far and only did about 1/2 of the approx. 50x80' grass parallel to the sandy playground of about the same size.
I detected for no less than a minute and pulled up a looney, so I was off to a pretty good start.
About 45 min later I got a strong signal on my Ace 250 and pulled two quarters out of the same hole.......thought I would check the hole again and low and behold :o more quarters, dimes , two toonies ($2.00 coin) for a total of $6.15 out of the same hole!!!. I also found a couple of junk rings some pulltabs, screw caps and some foil.
All in all it was a very good site which I think I'll return to ASAP as I'm sure it's far from cleaned out, And I haven't even touched the sandy playground yet!!! :D
HH
Broncox

Attachments

• 2005_05150024.JPG
    2005_05150024.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
Re: Some finds from the "Hidden" Playground

Man, that's some haul! You found more in one hole than most find all day. WTG! Looking forward to the sandy area. HH

Thats a nice days work.keep on diggin and posting.HH

WTG!? ?Nice haul. I see that you are in B.C. that explains the Tooney & Looney. LOL.... Now there will be a lot of PPL here on the forum that will ask what and the heck is he talking about. Toonies & Loonies. I live just south of Montreal here in the States so I see and find them all the time. I have a collection of Nickel & Pennies Started. Keep Up the good work!?

Attachments

• Cents Canada.jpg
    Cents Canada.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 341
  • Nickel Canada.jpg
    Nickel Canada.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 339

Thats great, and out of the grass! :o Looks like youv'e got your machine down pat.

psgen said:
WTG!? ?Nice haul. I see that you are in B.C. that explains the Tooney & Looney. LOL.... Now there will be a lot of PPL here on the forum that will ask what and the heck is he talking about. Toonies & Loonies. I live just south of Montreal here in the States so I see and find them all the time. I have a collection of Nickel & Pennies Started. Keep Up the good work!?
Well as a matter of fact....while Broncox Vernon BC sorta explained a "Tooney", what is a "Looney"?
Not being familiar with much canadian currency(although living in Fla, you'd think I saw it all the time!) I thought you found a bugs bunny ring! ;D HH omnicognic 8)

:) The One Dollar Canadian Coin or "Loony" is so called because of the Loon depicted on the coin. If you have 2 Loonies = Two Loonies or shortened to "Tooney" thus the $2 Canadian coin is a "tooney" even though it doesn't duplicate a loon. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Looney.jpg
    Looney.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 326

COOL, Looks like you had a great Time.

Congrats!!
jeff

Good finds. It seems that there are tons of places around everyone that they never knew existed. Every now and then I drive down a road I've never been down before and it seems like everytime I do I run across some playground or ballpark that's just waiting to be detected.

Some more finds from the "Hidden" Playground

Went back to the playground today, only for about 1/2 hour today...........then it rained!!
Broncox

Attachments

• 44St park.JPG
    44St park.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 44St parkl.JPG
    44St parkl.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 44St parkr.JPG
    44St parkr.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 187

Some politicians may ask, "Which side of the coin is the loonie"? ;D ;D

Dang! You beat me to it. Thats why we don't have Bush on our currency.
For that matter, the last 2 or 3 pres's HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back