some finds Im curious about

musketman121

Mar 4, 2013
some finds I'm curious about

Flat button.jpg 20130331_155450.jpg 20130331_155418.jpg 20130331_154604.jpg

I've been metal detecting for about 4 months and these are some of my more unique finds...

1. I'm wondering if any of the pictured bullets are rare

2. Wondering what kind of flat button I have, it says plated and it looks like DC & Co.

3. Wanting to know what the circular object with the E is

4. REALLY wanting to know what the temple/pyramid looking object is

5. The long flat piece has an F# written on it

6. The object to the left has white and blue glass in and around it at the top, not sure what it is.

Lots of stuff all at once, I know! But any help on any of it is appreciated...

Last edited:

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First... welcome to treasurenet, and to the What-Is-It forum.

Answering your questions in the order you listed them:
> 1. I'm wondering if any of the pictured bullets are rare

All of your civil war bullets are relatively common, although if the small, flat-based, pointed-nosed one is indeed a "Picket bullet" it is uncommon but not extremely rare.

> 2. Wondering what kind of flat button I have, it says plated and it looks like DC & Co.

On a 1-piece flatbutton, the backmark saying "plated" always mean silver-plated. At that time, goldplated buttons said "gilt." Also, a dug-in-the-US brass 1-piece flatbutton with the backmark written in indented lettering dates from approximately 1810 to the end of the 1930s. Yours is most probably British-made.

> 3. Wanting to know what the circular object with the E is.

Probably token of some kind.

> 4. REALLY wanting to know what the temple/pyramid looking object is

It has the distinctive shape of a Meso-American (Maya, Aztec, etc) Indian pyramid, including the steps on the side.

> 5. The long flat piece has an F# written on it.

Musical wind-instrument reed. The marking is the musical note.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
alpha disks.JPG #4...prolly cozumel mexico souviner.....#3 is possibly a learning aid(teaching game piece)...just my best guesses

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a guess but the pyramid looking object is the bottom of the Statue of Liberty and the lady Liberty is supposed to be mounted on it... the few items beside that look like a lamp shade holder and or a piece that goes on the end of a gun cleaning rod... hard to tell without clearer photo and perhaps different angle the round object with the E possibly a token from Ellis Island which would go along with the statue of liberty

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah, the circle with the E. It has appeared many a time on this forum over the years, not sure if it was ever solved. Good luck to you, sir!

Upvote 0

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
there is a E trade token posted on ebay today looks the same it is listed as ( 1910 San Francisco Brass Trade Token " M" and " E " )

Upvote 0

Hdubya

Mar 31, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with oooldman on the Statue of liberty. I think she is supposed to be one piece with the bottom part, but, somehow got broke into two pieces. Cool find!

On second thought- Maybe the Statue of Liberty was a ladies pin that she would wear? Just a thought...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, the pyramid is not the Statue Of Liberty pin's base... "apparently." Intrigued by the suggestion, I checked photos of the real-life statue. Its base does not match the pyramid. Of course, the statue-pin's manufacturer may not have cared about making an accurate copy. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't match the real-life statue's base -- at all.

Upvote 0

missoiula4me

Aug 4, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a weird coincidence. I found the same brass pice with threads in Aptil of 2012. A month later, a kid (YouTube) on the east coast found the same item within a month of my find. Someone thinks its the top to an old lamp. WOW HOW ODD!

Attachments

• image-1576887479.jpg
    image-1576887479.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3461068822.jpg
    image-3461068822.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
statue lib.jpg maybe this will help clear up the bottom of the statue of liberty thought.... looks like the bottom has been broken but i still think it is a pretty closed match

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread