Some fun doings of late

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

Yesterday my wife and I were out and about running errands. We were in a part of town we do not often go, when I spotted a nice looking bank and swerved into the parking lot. "Sorry, Impulse, just gotta check one :)," I said to my wife. She shrugged and went in with me. It is a large and very nice bank and beautifully furnished.

I walked up and spoke with a teller, greeted her, and asked for halves. She said she had 1, and I offered to buy it. Then a teller 2 booths down said, "I have some rolls of them if he wants those." The teller I spoke to origionally said I could buy them, but that they are $10 each, so you probably dont want them. I asked how many she had, and was suprised to hear, "26 rolls."

I whipped out my cash and only had $100 - caught with my pants down. I bought what I could afford and we went back on our way. Those rolls were skunky, not one silver.

So today, I went out of my way and bought the rest. I can't sleep well knowing there are halves in a vault and I havent searched them. So in the midst of more errands today I ran 15 miniutes across town to hit the bank. The rolls were soon mine, and like a dwarf I opened them all and had my way with searching. I was rewarded with 3 40%, 1 90%, and a 2007D. So now my wife is a little happier. I am shipping off the majority of the silver we have found so far, and it made her sad. She loves to spread it out on the table and revel in the shiney silver like a dwarf. She was also happy to see the ring I found today, but that is another story altogether (see Todays Finds for that story).

Part of my daily errands was shipping something off from the post office. I expected to find a suitable box there, and finding none, left, and checked a Kmart. Nope, no boxes there. So I thought, and realized a dime box would be perfect, and I could use the empty rolls for coushin. Perfect! So off I went to a Wachovia. I asked for halves first of course, and was delighted to find 5 rolls. Off into the back she went and when she came in, I was happy to see machine rolls. Then I noticed soemthing different - they were not brinks or loomis. The were REAL fed rolls.

fed rolls.JPG

The rolls are labeled as follows:
2 2001p
2001d
2006p
2006d

Now I need to know how to sell them. Should I ask at a coin shop? Craigs List? What premium would they fetch? These are very new to me, and the only thing I know for sure is to not open them. Any insight is appreciated!

Thank you and Happy Hunting,
Anthony

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Narth sell them on Ebay. I sold two rolls p and d for 35 dollars plus shipping and handling. You will probably profit even more seeing as you have more rolls. Just make sure you have the buyer insure it. I sold mine then the guy said he never got them. I had no delivery confirmation or insurance. Lost Big on that one but never again.

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I say ebay them... ;D

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i saw ateller at my dump bank had a whole stack of mint roll quarters.....probably state quarters but didn't feel like searching for errors or bother trying to sell them....don't think they would be as sought after as halves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions