What's new

Some history to see..

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,367
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was trying to decide where I would post these pictures I got today. I figured this would be the best place, the picture of the day would have been my next place. This wooden cannon mold was at a very large out side market that was on today at Christie lake near Dundas Ont, my wife and I decided to go. There were 300 vendors showing off some of their best items, there will be another event in the fall and it is well worth the drive. This cannon mold was used in the 1812 period, the sign on the item said that a cannon found at Fort Maldon was made from this mold, this was a 33 pound gun, the price on this item was $4300.00 with a sold sign on it. I always wondered how they may have made these large guns, now it is a little clearer. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Brian C.
 

Attachments

  • P5280595.webp
    P5280595.webp
    48 KB · Views: 444
  • P5280596.webp
    P5280596.webp
    42 KB · Views: 422
  • P5280597.webp
    P5280597.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0
Very cool relic Brian! :icon_thumright:

I've never seen anything like that before! :o

Thanks for posting it!

Dave
 
Those geese are going to get hurt under that table!!!!! ,,,


Man thats a huge mold.

Thanks,, for that history.
 
Wow! Thanks for posting these photos on Today's Finds, as otherwise I wouldn't have seen them. Andi
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom