What's new

Some I.D. help with this point

Virginiaguy

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Virginia/Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Fischer 1266-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping to get some help with an I.D. on this one. Never found one before with this kind of base and the Virginia point websites seem to indicate Paleo. Not certain about that so any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9825.webp
    IMG_9825.webp
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9829.webp
    IMG_9829.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9831.webp
    IMG_9831.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9835.webp
    IMG_9835.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9838.webp
    IMG_9838.webp
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9840.webp
    IMG_9840.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9842.webp
    IMG_9842.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Upvote 0
seems kinda small for that
 
It is a little small for a normal paleo point, however, I have one that's been paleo authenticated as a clovis by some guys who really know their stuff, and I would say a highly resharpened paleo, assuming is has basal grinding.
 
I think it is more along the lines of a Badin point. The basal thinning is common on Badin and the size is right. I think on most of them they just took a snapped tip and punched flakes up into the base to create a hafting area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom