🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I decided to hit my park today, I needed a target rich environment after yesterdays dismal amount of finds. This place still has a few keepers tucked away in the corners, its not a very big park, but the hotspot still had snow on it in the one pic and was FROZEN!

managed 3 wheats, a cool older key, and about 80 something cents in clad 20150317_115931.jpg20150317_132227.jpg20150317_133056.jpg

ok, after todays hunt at my park I covered some categories

1. I hunted my yard the other day
2. I hit the cornfield yesterday
3. I went to the park today

NOW BRING ON THAT PERMISSION!!!! still too soggy to ask permission at private properties just yet, another few weeks I think

Thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 13
some good digging right there !!!

i hit florida in february, clad, 80 degree weather, bikinis. Ihit my yard here in pa monday for two fifties wheaties and a 1954 rosie.
silver count = 1 for the year.

weather looks kind of iffy here in western pa for the next week. I have a couple new spots I'm dying to get too. At least the snows melting.

Same here, did as much damage today with my feet as i did with my shovel.

Yep, that's all I need is to tear up a good spot and not be allowed back because I'm impatient, lol it can wait

Nice finds! Congrats!

I think the first inch of soil thawed today but will refreeze tonight and Wed. We may get more snow Friday too.....sigh!
At some point we will all be happy diggers!

I haven't checked to see if the fields are thawed since last week, but hopefully they will be. Almost all the snow has disappeared except for some shady corners.

Congrats on the finds. I was going to the park yesterday but decided it would still be froze so went to the woods and did some relic hunting.

If the wind isn't too bad tomorrow I'm going to give it a try i think. Glad to see someone from Pa. get out. Nice job.

Nice finds. What was the years on the wheaties?

Feels good, don't it! :)

WTG!
Thanks!, not the silver I was hoping for but a few keepers to get the wheat pile started!

I haven't checked to see if the fields are thawed since last week, but hopefully they will be. Almost all the snow has disappeared except for some shady corners.
yep, same thing at my field, some spots I could've dug down a foot, others just a few inches!
would you believe my arm is literally sore from yesterday, hard to explain but I had to hold the coil up while I swung, to avoid stalks, then had to maneuver around stalks, yada yada yada, and low and behold, I feel like I was lifting weights.
that's what happens when you swing for 30 minutes between targets I guess
If the wind isn't too bad tomorrow I'm going to give it a try i think. Glad to see someone from Pa. get out. Nice job.
yeah even though it was mostly clad, just felt good to be out, Thanks!!

Last edited:
Way to go!!.......I see a lot more finds and warm weather in your future....just hang in there & hunt where you can......Good Luck.

HH
Bill

Glad to see you had your "wheaties" today. Very productive hunt. I had the same response as you with hunting the woods last week; was itching to get back to a park after that.

Glad to see you had your "wheaties" today. Very productive hunt. I had the same response as you with hunting the woods last week; was itching to get back to a park after that.

Yeah I needed a multi target day, I really want to do some door knocking but it's still too frozen and in spots, too soggy

If there's wheat pennies still in that park, you know there is still silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back