What's new

Some Kind of Happy Dance Under The Apple Tree

Nana40

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
11,488
Reaction score
285
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody's gonna have to tie my feet to the ground!

OK...new site....started out on the back 40 by the barn. Got tired of hauling the shovel around and digging great big holes only to find car tags and such had been distributed around, about two feet under. So I headed for the front yard of the house. Was getting late, and I knew the ballgame was coming on at 6:30, so I was trying to hurry around and see what I was in for there. After about 15 minutes I was huntin under one of the old apple trees and dug this BUTTONNNNNN! I was rolling around on the ground like that little baby jenny! :D My newest favorite find. ;D I thought...I just gotta stay a few more minutes! Dug all kinds of stuff...some stuff I don't even know what it is. :D Got a wheat and a little tin...kinda like the ones that the Bayer asprin come in. I haven't opened it yet. Somebody PLEASE tell me what the button is for sure. :) I don't have a clue as to how to clean it properly either. I just ran some water over it and brushed it lightly with a toothbrush. After yesterday's fiasco with that button, I figured I better leave well enough alone. ;) What a day...Nana's so happy.
 

Attachments

  • 0928rollingontheground.webp
    0928rollingontheground.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,535
  • 0928momand baby.webp
    0928momand baby.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,500
  • 0928dayonthefarm.webp
    0928dayonthefarm.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,436
Upvote 0
Neat-O! Wow! Thanks so much for all the help! Hope we can definitely id it.

I'm up Joe. :D

I opened the tin.....nothing in it. :(

Thanks again!

Nana :)
 
Beautiful button, Nanners. That's better than a coin anyday!! :o

Thanks for the great pictures, again. I always enjoy them.
 
Looks perfectly cleaned to me! (stop!) Excellent find.
 
Cool button Nana!

I realize its an eagle, but it sure looks phoenixy--I like that.
 
What was yesterday's button fiasco?
 
Hi nana,thats one awsome button you found and congrats.

tinpan :o :o :o
 
Wat a sweet find, Nana! Kind of makes me think Karma was your hunting partner after returning the class ring. ;) Was looking at the wing sweep, it's different than most pics I've seen. Is the back somewhat concave and is the shank intact? Is there any possible way of making out any backmark without further cleaning as I wouldn't clean it anymore.
 
I really love that piece of shotgun shell brass you found! Uh...oh yes, did you find a button too? ;) I've seen that type button somewhere else on the forum and recently too.....I think? Great finds. I hope some of us bring a few of our finds to JD's upcoming hunt. Will be nice to swap stories and actually see some of the loot we all read about. Congratulations Nana, great find. Monty
 
Good job, that is a great find!! :D
 
Wow, Nana! That button is waaaay cool... Now will someone PLEASE tell us what it is??? The suspense is killing me!
Ruth
 
Re: Some Kind of Happy Dance Under The Apple Tree, PBK help!

Great finds Nana!! I love the button. Looks like a beautiful spot to detect!

kenb
 
any chance of a good pic of the back of that button NANA ?
 
Nice one, Nana!

Yep... need to see a sharp closeup of the back, too. Pattern is similar to that of C.W. general service eagle buttons and certain militia buttons of about the same period, but the details are not quite the same as those of any I've seen.
 
Hello again Nana.......Like I said in the earlier thread, You have a special button there. The Button is not in the Alberts Blue book on Historic Buttons which may be a good thing. The Spread Eagle design is that of plenty of early buttons going back to the Revolutionary war up to the War of 1812. I would say mabe a Diplomatic Button from around that time period. :)

If you look at early George washington Buttons the spread wings were common . Just food for thought!! Here is a couple of pics from some early buttons ....Will keep working on it!

Seeker
 

Attachments

  • Picture 272 Medium Web view.webp
    Picture 272 Medium Web view.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,791
  • Picture 279 Medium Web view.webp
    Picture 279 Medium Web view.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,783
Nana,
That is an amazing find..... you have even got PBK lost on that one ;D

God bless
Peter
 
From what I understand, the shape of the head,straightness of the neck and the shape of the wings is what makes this button one of the very early ones, before the Civil War...I think Seeker is on the right track here and
Nana ,I would get back to that apple tree and search some more. You have a really good find here and I hope you find more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom