What's new

Some Kind of Hitch I Think

Yard Digger

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a couple weeks ago and finally got around to cleaning it up.
It looks like an old hitch of some kind. It's iron and about 6 1/2 inches
long.
 

Attachments

  • HitchX2.webp
    HitchX2.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 373
Hello Yard Digger, yes, it does look like some kind of hitch, but I'm sorry I don't know what it is. Welcome to the forum! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Lunette ring for a pintle hitch
 
Upvote 0
Any markings or stampings present?
 
Upvote 0
kenley said:
Half of some kind of a clamp. Cable?

I think is half of a cable clamp not for steel cable but for heavy electrical cable. I've seen clamps kinda like that in an old "power house" that were used to fasten the huge wires to the alternators and transformers. The wire size would be in the 300/500CM range"BIG". Tony
 
Upvote 0
Thank you all for the replies. There appears to be some writing, but I couldn't read it.
I believe a lot of it came off with the rust during electrolysis. Large wire clamp sounds
logical, but I was thinking some sort of hitch part for a horse or mule drawn wagon or
farm implement. I found this on my place near where a barn used to be.
 

Attachments

  • HitchX2.webp
    HitchX2.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_4129.webp
    100_4129.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
The design seems similiar to a battery cable clamp only much larger. Thought provoking little bugger tho, ain't it.
 
Upvote 0
silverswede said:
The design seems similiar to a battery cable clamp only much larger. Thought provoking little bugger tho, ain't it.
Yeah your right, it is similiar to a battery cable clamp and also thought provoking. Your thinking is along the line of Tony's. It could very well be a clamp for very large cable.
 
Upvote 0
it looks like it's made of cast iron, maybe an old cable stay
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom