Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry I don’t have much to contribute at the moment but I have been wondering about this little flake, reminds me of examples of palm wood but I’m not sure, anyone have any opinions?
IMG_6403.jpeg

Upvote 4
How bout some more pictures of the sides and bottom of that piece.

But me being from the "Lands of Palmwood" I can honestly say Its not like any Palmwood I have seen from around here... From just the top view picture posted, it looks like a piece of glazed porcelain to me...

Thanks for the replies I’ll get some other pics when I can, I was just going through my flakes/rocks to double check I didn’t miss anything and that kind of cell pattern jumped out, thought it could be an imported material, I’ve never seen anything like that around here unless it’s a bryozoan fossil but seems more plant like to me

Not sure if these are much better but having difficulty getting my camera to cooperate with a tiny piece. In some lights the pattern washes out in others with the pattern it’s like the camera has difficulty focusing.
IMG_6458.jpeg
IMG_6457.jpeg
IMG_6459.jpeg
IMG_6460.jpeg
IMG_6463.jpeg
IMG_6464.jpeg

I think it’s a type of chert. I found a piece years ago in a field that looked like palm wood that ended up being a chert. Never did find another piece and don’t have the one I found anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back