What's new

Some kind of pin or medal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TreasurdiggrNY
  • Start date Start date
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Guest
Thanks for looking :icon_thumright: Found this neat item that I actually thought was an old zipper pull, it was crusted with dirt and the only detail was the two prongs on the reverse. I rinsed it with soapy water and the details you see in the photo emerged. I have no clue what it is or was used for but it was found at a site that had Rev. War action.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3188.webp
    IMG_3188.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_3187.webp
    IMG_3187.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 641
The symbol looks like St. Andrew's Cross, which is in the papacy's coat of arms. The 2 keys represent the 2 keys to get into Heaven held by St. Peter. Very interesting :thumbsup: Breezie
 

Attachments

  • StAndrewsCross.webp
    StAndrewsCross.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 405
Upvote 0
Looks like crossed keys under a crown? One symbol that comes to mind is the Keys of St. Peter. Oops, Breezie posted while I was "googling" pictures.
 
Upvote 0
Crossed Keys is also the insignia of the British Army's 2nd Division. Still looking to see if any crowns were incorporated into their badges.
http://www.army.mod.uk/structure/14190.aspx

The use of the royal crown is interesting. I saw this picture referencing the Coat of Arms of the See of York
 

Attachments

  • See of York.webp
    See of York.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0
Thanks very much Breezie and GpSnoopy. I'm just as happy with it being a Vatican souvenir as I am with it being a British Army 2nd Div. badge/pin. Thanks for the help :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom