What's new

some kind of tooth

arrowhead82

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
337
Reaction score
86
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found about 5 inches down in loose soil at the back
of a small cave. any info would be appreciated. thanks
in advance!
IMG_3139.webp
IMG_3141.webp
IMG_3140.webp
 
Looks like a predators tooth,which one:dontknow:
 
Cool find. What part of the world did you find it? You know there has to be more back there. If I had to guess I'd say wolf but I'm no expert.
 
Cool find. What part of the world did you find it? You know there has to be more back there. If I had to guess I'd say wolf but I'm no expert.

Wolf is probably a good guess. The difference between a wolf tooth and an homologous coyote or dog tooth is size, wolf being somewhat larger. Your tooth is a lower first molar (m1) otherwise known a lower carnassial.
canidcarnassialcomparison.webpcanislatransM1occlusalpair.webp​
 
Wolf is probably a good guess. The difference between a wolf tooth and an homologous coyote or dog tooth is size, wolf being somewhat larger. Your tooth is a lower first molar (m1) otherwise known a lower carnassial.
​

Someone knows their canines ... or their molars, as the case may be!
 
Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom