What's new

Some misc finds

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worlds worst clad half, a clad proof dime and a 80% Canadian 1966 dime. The half was so bad that I just had to keep it. ;D
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2395.webp
    IMG_2395.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
It could just be construed as rare... JFK's never really got circulated very muck and in the 3 years that i have been searching halves I've only seen a couple with any significant wear.

And 80% of all the silver JFK's I find are near mint condition.


Mojo
 
Ok I swear I sent that EXACT half back into the wild on Wednesday in Washington DC.
 
I like that proof dime :thumbsup:
 
TF, were you date-searching when you found that proof dime, or did it just stick out? FFD
 
Fistfulladirt said:
TF, were you date-searching when you found that proof dime, or did it just stick out? FFD

No I was just edge hunting when I saw a thicker clad edge, I thought to myself - "could that be a proof?" And sure enough it was. I am always looking for suspect coins when I edge hunt dimes & halfs. Like super dirty edges, thin or thick edges, & black or golden edges.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom