What's new

Some of my best finds, oldest finds, finds I like best when I was posting on TN

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
1,505
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are some of my best finds, oldest finds, and finds I like best while I was posting on TN. Unfortunately,
I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors gave me 1-3 years to live as of April. I'm not sure
I'll ever hunt again but I wanted to post these as a memorial to what can be found with a metal detector,
the right place, and determination and patience in the field.

If you stick with it and read about where to hunt (educate yourself) and have lots of patience - you can actually
find some pretty nice things. I read many books, magazines, belonged to a TH'ing club (briefly), and hung out
on TH'ing find sites where people shared their experiences.Those things, research and meeting some nice people who
gave me some old sites to hunt - all helped yield these finds. I remember them all fondly.
I read "Lost Treasure" magazine (gone now) and Western and "Eastern Treasures magazine" for many years.
I have many of Charles Garrett's and Karl von Mueller's books on metal detecting, cache hunting, beach hunting
etc. They are both good sources. The more you know about the subject - the better your odds of finding good things.
Living in any Colonial area is definitely a big plus.

I wish you all the best in the field, researching new places, and finding some 'honey holes' with some old coins
or whatever you are searching for in the field. Find the best equipment you can afford, learn that equipment,
and put that learning to use whenever you can. It will pay off! Happy Hunting! - Ocean7

'live long and prosper...'

yeah, you'll have to click on each of 9 blocks to see full size photos.
attachment.php
Tobacco shop token, rare, possibly one of a kind still in existence. If you find one - let me know. Found in Bucks County, PA along with coins dating 1723-1809 as a time frame.
 

Attachments

  • Ocean1.webp
    Ocean1.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Ocean2.webp
    Ocean2.webp
    120 KB · Views: 382
  • Ocean3.webp
    Ocean3.webp
    117.7 KB · Views: 351
  • Ocean4.webp
    Ocean4.webp
    101.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Ocean5.webp
    Ocean5.webp
    116.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Ocean6.webp
    Ocean6.webp
    103.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Ocean7.webp
    Ocean7.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 364
  • Ocean8.webp
    Ocean8.webp
    96.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Ocean9.webp
    Ocean9.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Tobacco Shop Token.webp
    Tobacco Shop Token.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:
Upvote 70
Ocean7,

Sorry to read of your medical diagnosis, I hope you are able to spend what time you have on your own terms. You have some very nice finds, some of your coins are in amazing condition. As a note, your sharpshooter badge is actually a Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), awarded to Army Infantry or Special Forces soldiers who have served in combat. Wishing you the very best. Walt
 
Ocean7,

Sorry to read of your medical diagnosis, I hope you are able to spend what time you have on your own terms. You have some very nice finds, some of your coins are in amazing condition. As a note, your sharpshooter badge is actually a Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), awarded to Army Infantry or Special Forces soldiers who have served in combat. Wishing you the very best. Walt

oh thanks. Yes, some of the silver I've found was in very good condition like just dropped after minting. And I use Wright's silver polish on any silver coin that I dig to get rid of any black etc. hmmm Special Forces - well that makes sense. It was buried with 5-6 bullets removed from the casings. 45 cal. I think. So I figured sniper but that was just a guess. Thanks for the info!

oh actually it was 9 bullets - I just located the photo.
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • C1297.webp
    C1297.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your best of list. You have some amazing finds! I am sorry to hear your prognosis.
 
thanks Lenrac2. I thought 2020 was bad until 2021 rolled around. But nothing you can do. All in all - I'm still blessed.
 
Great finds !
 
Verry sorry about the medical diagnosis but keep in mind many people live far beyond a medical diagnosis, I have known several who lived far beyond what doctors told them.
 
These are some of my best finds, oldest finds, and finds I like best while I was posting on TN. Unfortunately,
I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors gave me 1-3 years to live as of April. I'm not sure
I'll ever hunt again but I wanted to post these as a memorial to what can be found with a metal detector,
the right place, and determination and patience in the field.

If you stick with it and read about where to hunt (educate yourself) and have lots of patience - you can actually
find some pretty nice things. I read many books, magazines, belonged to a TH'ing club (briefly), and hung out
on TH'ing find sites where people shared their experiences.Those things, research and meeting some nice people who
gave me some old sites to hunt - all helped yield these finds. I remember them all fondly.
I read "Lost Treasure" magazine (gone now) and Western and "Eastern Treasures magazine" for many years.
I have many of Charles Garrett's and Karl von Mueller's books on metal detecting, cache hunting, beach hunting
etc. They are both good sources. The more you know about the subject - the better your odds of finding good things.
Living in any Colonial area is definitely a big plus.

I wish you all the best in the field, researching new places, and finding some 'honey holes' with some old coins
or whatever you are searching for in the field. Find the best equipment you can afford, learn that equipment,
and put that learning to use whenever you can. It will pay off! Happy Hunting! - Ocean7

'live long and prosper...'

yeah, you'll have to click on each of 9 blocks to see full size photos.
attachment.php
Tobacco shop token, rare, possibly one of a kind still in existence. If you find one - let me know. Found in Bucks County, PA along with coins dating 1723-1809 as a time frame.
An ocean of love to you from many hunters and pacification!
 
Man, I'll never not be jealous of you boys that live in Colonial areas. There's way more potential over there than there is here in Texas.

Nice finds OP!
 
Verry sorry about the medical diagnosis but keep in mind many people live far beyond a medical diagnosis, I have known several who lived far beyond what doctors told them.
Thanks T_H! That's what I've heard from several people and I'm hoping for the best. Still I have to prepare for the worse. Either way, I'll be ready. I've been watching 'Green Mountain Metal Detecting' channel on Youtube, and that's making me quite itchy to go back out in the woods. Best wishes to you!
 
Thanks T_H! That's what I've heard from several people and I'm hoping for the best. Still I have to prepare for the worse. Either way, I'll be ready. I've been watching 'Green Mountain Metal Detecting' channel on Youtube, and that's making me quite itchy to go back out in the woods. Best wishes to you!
As a doctor, I say, we die when we stop fighting and agree with the "inevitability." But the one who continues to believe that this is just a new obstacle and is ready to go against all odds will not be defeated and will recover.
 
As a doctor, I say, we die when we stop fighting and agree with the "inevitability." But the one who continues to believe that this is just a new obstacle and is ready to go against all odds will not be defeated and will recover.
well I don't need billions of dollars where I'm headed
and I don't need no suicide mission for some crazy Nazi gold
the fact is there is very little that I care about now in this life
it all seems like one big joke to me
or as Freddie Mercury said in his song - 'nothing really matters to me'
I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in this world
climbed every mountain that I could
now I am like Buddha under the Bo Tree
the wise stay silent when the fool sings
I have become comfortably numb to what motivates most people
tragedy and betrayal have left their marks
my mission here is done.....
 
well I don't need billions of dollars where I'm headed
and I don't need no suicide mission for some crazy Nazi gold
the fact is there is very little that I care about now in this life
it all seems like one big joke to me
or as Freddie Mercury said in his song - 'nothing really matters to me'
I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in this world
climbed every mountain that I could
now I am like Buddha under the Bo Tree
the wise stay silent when the fool sings
I have become comfortably numb to what motivates most people
tragedy and betrayal have left their marks
my mission here is done.....
Thanks. You may not care, but you will not believe how I understand your condition.
 
well I don't need billions of dollars where I'm headed
and I don't need no suicide mission for some crazy Nazi gold
the fact is there is very little that I care about now in this life
it all seems like one big joke to me
or as Freddie Mercury said in his song - 'nothing really matters to me'
I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in this world
climbed every mountain that I could
now I am like Buddha under the Bo Tree
the wise stay silent when the fool sings
I have become comfortably numb to what motivates most people
tragedy and betrayal have left their marks
my mission here is done.....
My man is a poet.
 
These are some of my best finds, oldest finds, and finds I like best while I was posting on TN. Unfortunately,
I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors gave me 1-3 years to live as of April. I'm not sure
I'll ever hunt again but I wanted to post these as a memorial to what can be found with a metal detector,
the right place, and determination and patience in the field.

If you stick with it and read about where to hunt (educate yourself) and have lots of patience - you can actually
find some pretty nice things. I read many books, magazines, belonged to a TH'ing club (briefly), and hung out
on TH'ing find sites where people shared their experiences.Those things, research and meeting some nice people who
gave me some old sites to hunt - all helped yield these finds. I remember them all fondly.
I read "Lost Treasure" magazine (gone now) and Western and "Eastern Treasures magazine" for many years.
I have many of Charles Garrett's and Karl von Mueller's books on metal detecting, cache hunting, beach hunting
etc. They are both good sources. The more you know about the subject - the better your odds of finding good things.
Living in any Colonial area is definitely a big plus.

I wish you all the best in the field, researching new places, and finding some 'honey holes' with some old coins
or whatever you are searching for in the field. Find the best equipment you can afford, learn that equipment,
and put that learning to use whenever you can. It will pay off! Happy Hunting! - Ocean7

'live long and prosper...'

yeah, you'll have to click on each of 9 blocks to see full size photos.
attachment.php
Tobacco shop token, rare, possibly one of a kind still in existence. If you find one - let me know. Found in Bucks County, PA along with coins dating 1723-1809 as a time frame.
A nice bunch of finds, well done.
 
let it be known that in Oct. 2021, I was approached via e-mail on here by a stranger who wanted me to help with a large cache that was booby trapped by the Nazis. They didn't want to take 'No' for an answer for some reason. Of course, they figured out where this supposed cache lies etc. In frustration, and to get through to them that I was not going to do this - I wrote the above prose.
In this case, I am not your huckleberry meaning I am not your man for this quest. This is for anyone wondering what the hell that was all about. This prose got my message through loud and clear.
BTW, I'm your huckleberry means I'm your man for the job. Nothing more and nothing less.
 
Last edited:
let it be known that in Oct. 2021, I was approached via e-mail on here by a stranger who wanted me to help with a large cache that was booby trapped by the Nazis. They didn't want to take 'No' for an answer for some reason. Of course, they figured out where this supposed cache lies etc. In frustration, and to get through to them that I was not going to do this - I wrote the above prose.
In this case, I am not your huckleberry meaning I am not your man for this quest. This is for anyone wondering what the hell that was all about. This prose got my message through loud and clear.
BTW, I'm your huckleberry means I'm your man for the job. Nothing more and nothing less.
Obwohl ich nichts verstanden habe (vielleicht Übersetzungsschwierigkeiten), und wozu diese Aussage? Aber ich gebe ihm einen Daumen hoch für die Prosa.
 
Jesus! The best find ever.
You’re in my prayers Ocean7 and I love your awesome finds.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom