What's new

Some of my meager finds from yesterday and today. First full skeleton key.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
1,331
Golden Thread
3
Location
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted for a little bit after work yesterday and picked up 3 buttons, the really small one is different for me. I was thinking colonial era, but could anyone verify? Also found the brass buckle...also can't tell if it's colonial period or 1800's. Today I went out to one of our pounded sites. Didn't turn up much, a flat button, old iron fork and my best find was the iron skeleton key. It's my second skeleton key, but my first one that's fully intact. It's a big one, too! No earth shattering finds, but still fun to get out! HH!
 

Attachments

  • Metal Detecting 2013 119.webp
    Metal Detecting 2013 119.webp
    422.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Metal Detecting 2013 120.webp
    Metal Detecting 2013 120.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Metal Detecting 2013 121.webp
    Metal Detecting 2013 121.webp
    79.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Metal Detecting 2013 122.webp
    Metal Detecting 2013 122.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Metal Detecting 2013 123.webp
    Metal Detecting 2013 123.webp
    47 KB · Views: 217
  • Metal Detecting 2013 124.webp
    Metal Detecting 2013 124.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 12
Boy I like that buckle and key.very nice.way to go buddy.
 
Thanks! I was really surprised to dig the key out of one of my own holes that I dug last year. lol That really goes to show you don't get it all and just the different tone something can make on swinging it a different direction. Of course I was digging all signals yesterday, but still!
 
Great job matt. That buckle is awesome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom