What's new

Some people are just nice.

COPPER DIME

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Swamp Land's of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE. Backup/ Whites Classic 5ID
at work 2day one of the guys i work with came up 2 me & said that i was told that u collect coins. yes i do. i thought he was going 2 ask me a question about the value of a coin or something like that. he reached n his pocket & handed me a 1964 quarter. so i looked at the coin & asked where he had gotten it. he said he got it in some change when he stopped at a store on the way 2 work. i said wow u dont find coins like this every day. so i was still looking at the coin when he started 2 walk out of the shop. i asked what do u want 4 the quarter? he told me nothing just thought u mite like it. i said yes i do but it is worth more than 25 cents. he said i know u can have it.
COPPER DIME
 
Upvote 0
Always helps to tell people that you collect coins. :thumbsup:
 
AMEN! Most people say "Oh they are worth more than a quarter???" and then you never see another from them again!
 
I did something similar yesterday for a teller at my pick-up bank. She always asks about my success with coins. She asked me the oldest one I had ever found and I told her an 1899. She goes " Wow, the oldest I have ever found is a 1969." I was feeling generous so I went to my car and pulled out the only silver I had on me, a 1963 rosie. I put it in an envelope and gave it to her with a note that says from the half dollar guy. That is what they call me. Anyway, I am quite sure it made her day.

Golden Silver
 
that was cool of them to give u that quarter and GS some good mojo might come from that I bet it made her happy , Ed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom